A 38-year-old man was killed when a vape he was smoking at his home exploded, an autopsy report has revealed.
The explosion sent two pieces of the e-cigarette into Tallmadge D'Elia's skull.
The report lists the cause of death as "projectile wound to the head."
Mr D'Elia also suffered burns on about 80 per cent of his body.
The report confirmed the vape was responsible for his death on 5 May in St Petersburg, Florida.
The death was ruled an accident.
Firefighters found Mr D'Elia inside his burning home, the Tampa Bay Times reports.
The vape was manufactured by Smok-E Mountain.
The Food and Drug Administration says it was not clear what caused some vapes to explode, but it could stem from battery-related issues.