This marks the company’s third CES Innovation Award in the last four years; second in the category of “Tech for a Better World”
New York NY and Newark CA, Nov. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EyeQue, the leader in award-winning vision wellness devices, has been honored with a CES 2020 Innovation Award for the EyeQue Vision Monitoring Kit™: a convenient, low-cost eye wellness system designed for everyone from children to adults. The announcement was made during CES Unveiled New York, an invite-only tech event bringing together top media, exhibitors and industry leaders for a sneak peek of the products and trends expected at CES 2020, which will run January 7-10, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV.
The Vision Monitoring Kit combines the award-winning EyeQue VisionCheck®, EyeQue PDCheck®, and the new EyeQue Insight Plus™, empowering anyone, anywhere to take an active role in their vision wellness in between doctor’s visits. These devices can be used to test an unlimited number of people, each using a unique profile for personalized results. While many will enjoy the convenience that comes from do-it-yourself vision testing and tracking, plus ordering affordable eyeglasses from home, the kit is destined to have a profound global impact on those with limited or non-existent access to vision care and correction.
"We’re thrilled to have the EyeQue Vision Monitoring Kit recognized with the prestigious CES Innovations award in the Tech for a Better World category – an important acknowledgement of our dedication to delivering accurate, impactful vision wellness technologies directly to consumers,” said John Serri, PhD, co-founder and president of EyeQue.
The CES Innovation Awards program, owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)®, is an annual competition honoring outstanding design and engineering in consumer technology products across 28 product categories. An elite panel of industry expert judges, including members of the media, designers, engineers and more, reviewed submissions based on engineering qualities, aesthetic and design, functionality and consumer appeal.
The EyeQue Vision Monitoring Kit includes:
- Insight Plus:measures visual acuity (the ability to see 20/20 to 20/400), providing exact measures of single and dual eye performance. The visual acuity test can also be taken while wearing corrective glasses or contacts to know immediately if an updated prescription may be required. Additional onboard tests include contrast sensitivity and color blindness. Designed for ages six and up, each test takes about a minute to complete. Compared to the previous version, the Insight Plus boasts a new iOS/Android app with improved user interface, training sessions, and a tutorial to guide users. It also features family accounts, allowing the management of multiple users from a single account and easy profile switching between tests and test takers.
- Insight Plus accessory pack: includes adjustable mount to secure the Insight Plus goggles to the tester’s head, and a Bluetooth-enabled handheld remote control for an intuitive test taking experience, designed for children’s small hands or those with low dexterity.
- VisionCheck: an at-home vision test that offers a convenient, accurate and affordable way to order corrective eyeglasses without leaving home. Ideal for adults, it measures the refractive error of each eye and delivers the results in the form of EyeGlass Numbers, the lens power needed to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- PDCheck: accurately measures your pupillary distance, the distance between the centers of the pupils of your eyes, with a selfie. PD is a critical number needed to order good fitting glasses.
- Carrying case: a soft-shelled attaché offering a convenient way to protect, store, and travel with your EyeQue products.
The EyeQue Vision Monitoring Kit is available now on Indiegogo, with pledge levels starting at $119 (retail value: $205). The product will begin shipping to backers at the end of November 2019. Get hands on with the Vision Monitoring Kit and all of EyeQue’s products during CES, January 7 – 10, 2020, booth #44118, the Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas.
EyeQue is the leader of at-home vision testing, bringing affordable eye care to everyone. The Company is dedicated to putting accurate vision tests directly into the hands of people around the world. Based on MIT and EyeQue patented technologies, EyeQue’s intelligent vision solutions allow people anywhere to self-administer an expanding portfolio of vision tests using an optical smartphone attachment, mobile application, and a secure cloud-based processing and service center. The Company innovates from its Silicon Valley headquarters.
CES® is the largest, most influential tech event in the world – the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators. This is where the world's biggest brands do business and meet new partners, and the sharpest innovators hit the stage. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)®, CES features every aspect of the tech sector. Learn more at CES.tech and follow CES on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
As North America’s largest technology trade association, CTA® is the tech sector. Our members are the world’s leading innovators – from startups to global brands – helping support more than 18 million American jobs. CTA owns and produces CES® – the largest, most influential tech event on the planet. Find us at CTA.tech. Follow us @CTAtech.
# # #
EyeQue does not provide optometry services, nor does it issue prescriptions or represent itself as a licensed optometrist. The EyeQue VisionCheck and EyeQue Personal Vision Tracker® accurately measure for refractive error and detect changes between regular eye exams when properly used. These tests do not replace a comprehensive eye exam that evaluates ocular health and binocularity. EyeQue strongly recommends people visit an eye care professional annually to receive a complete eye health exam.
Max Borges Agency