PETALUMA, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 8, 2014) - MarketLive, the leading provider of e-commerce technology for high-growth merchants, today announced that retailer and fashion brand Donald J Pliner has celebrated the first year of the re-launch of its e-commerce website on MarketLive's Total Commerce technology platform.
The Donald J Pliner Company has built a reputation for its innovative materials and quality craftsmanship in men's and women's luxury footwear and accessories. Since 1989, the brand has been known for the combination of fashion, fit and comfort that embodies every design.
Donald J Pliner products are sold nationwide in select specialty stores and upscale department stores including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdale's. The entire collection is also available at the company's six retail stores -- Aventura, Houston, Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, San Jose, and on donaldjpliner.com.
The company approached MarketLive with specific goals for its e-commerce efforts. Namely:
- Triple online revenue within the next 3 years
- Get proactive and strategic advice for how to optimize online revenues and improve the customer experience
- Upgrade to a more flexible e-commerce technology platform that allows for easy changes and upgrades
- Improve page load performance to speed up the shopping experience
- Enable easy addition of features and functionality to the website without expensive re-coding
- Increase speed of merchandising updates and eliminate the need for manual coding
- Allow for better testing and quality evaluation before launching new site features
"Prior to working with MarketLive, we had very little control over our merchandising. Most changes and strategies had to be programmed by IT, and it would take weeks to get anything updated on the site. With MarketLive, we gained the ability to make changes within the merchandising group, quickly and easily," said Amy Tissot, vice president of e-commerce and marketing at Donald J Pliner. "We gained a robust set of revenue enhancing features like faceted navigation, effective promotions management and single page checkout. In addition to great technology, our experience with MarketLive has included ongoing industry advice, merchandising best practices and retailing suggestions. It's difficult to put a tangible value on that, but it makes a world of difference."
Early metrics from the re-launched site show the impact of MarketLive's technology and best practices put into play:
- 3% higher average order size
- Conversion rate improvements
- 5% lower cancels due to better system and inventory integrations
"In addition to the merchandising flexibility requested by Donald J Pliner, we also suggested enhancements to SEO, to their mobile and social merchandising experiences, presented opportunities to improve search capability and product discoverability on the site, and made other suggestions to optimize revenues," said Ken Burke, founder and CEO of MarketLive. "Our partnership with Donald J Pliner shows how powerful our technology can be, especially when paired with our strategy and best practices expertise. Their knowledge about their brand can be monetized through the rich feature set and strategy optimization inherent in our solution."
Connect with MarketLive
- Find case studies and best practices at the MarketLive blog: http://www.marketlive-blog.com/
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest webinar invites, events and surveys: https://twitter.com/MarketLiveInc
- Discuss e-commerce with your peers at our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/marketlive
- Like MarketLive on Facebook to receive the latest trends and news: https://www.facebook.com/marketlive
Since 1995, MarketLive, Inc., has been the leading provider of e-commerce technology and services that help fast-growing companies successfully sell goods and services online. Designed to meet the unique requirements of catalogers, retailers, direct marketers, and manufacturers, the extensible MarketLive® Customer Driven Commerce technology and services solution integrates commerce across all channels, enabling merchants to enhance their customers' experience online while dramatically improving acquisition, conversion, and retention rates.
The MarketLive platform is the most retail-targeted, fully featured, customizable e-commerce solution on the market today. MarketLive powers many successful retail e-commerce sites, including Armani Exchange, Party City, Perricone MD, Sport Chalet, Sundance, Helzberg Diamonds, John Deere, Title Nine, Intermix and others.
For more information, visit www.marketlive.com.