REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 13, 2013) - Fashion Tech Accelerator --
Core News Facts:
- Fashion Tech Accelerator (FT Accelerator), a growth program for fashion tech startups, today announced that 11 new companies have joined the newly launched FT Accelerator Milan and FT Accelerator Seoul programs. Additionally, 24 advisors from around the world have signed on to help these startups become the next leading fashion tech company.
- FT Accelerator Seoul announced that 15 top executives from companies such as Evernote, Google, Samsung and more have joined its advisory board to connect startups to the right resources.
- FT Accelerator Milan appointed Paolo Ivancevich to lead efforts in Italy and to provide mentorship to companies such as Leo Nardi, a top-quality "Made in Italy" online configuration platform.
- Born as a growth program in Silicon Valley for later stage startups in the fashion tech space, FT Accelerator has been a global platform for companies in e-commerce, wearable tech, social shopping and retail technology industries.
- With new Milan and Seoul programs, FT Accelerator will further empower companies for a faster exit by leveraging Silicon Valley's technology expertise, Europe's fashion connections and Asia's rich market.
- FT Accelerator in Silicon Valley has already successfully helped companies reach the next stage of growth.
- Recently, MIXR, a FT Accelerator portfolio company, has been acquired by fashion retailer Zooq.
- Combat Gent, an online men's shop, announced a $2.4 million seed round and support from leading investors and advisors including the VegasTechFund and Naxuri Capital.
- To learn more about the new FT Accelerator companies and the FT Accelerator in Silicon Valley, Milan and Seoul, visit www.ftaccelerator.com.
Attributed to Enrico Beltramini, managing partner at FT Accelerator
"Technology was known to serve a sole purpose but now it's become part of our identity and a big part of the fashion world. We can bring forth the next big fashion tech trend due to our access to the best fashion tech companies and a global network of resources, advisors and connections."
Attributed to Paolo Ivancevich, managing partner at FT Accelerator Milan
"Italy's fashion and tech cultures are merging and designers and stylists are seeing a new generation of fashion companies. It's injecting a new energy into the overall market and it makes perfect sense to launch an accelerator of this kind in Milan."
Attributed to Cindy Yun, founder at Atriastyle
"While we've only been a part of the FT Accelerator Seoul program for two weeks, we've already been involved in a global program with trips to Milan and Silicon Valley. We're excited to have FT Accelerator's support and can't wait to see what comes next for us."
Attributed to Richard Min, managing partner at FT Accelerator Seoul
"Korea is a testing ground for new fashion trends and our influence is just starting to spread across the world. Our new FT Accelerator in Seoul will not only help new startups get to that next level of success and visibility, but it will re-define the way we think of fashion on a global basis."
About FT Accelerator
Fashion Tech (FT) Accelerator is a growth program for post-revenue fashion tech startups. Providing access and advice, FT Accelerator connects its later stage companies with strategic mentors, partners and investors to accelerate growth. Some of the hottest fashion tech companies have participated in the FT Accelerator program including Combat Gent, StyleYou and Bow & Drape. For pre-revenue startups, FT Accelerator holds FT Start Here Showcase, a monthly discussion and demo event focused on topics and challenges facing fashion and retail industries at the intersection with technology. Founded in Sept 2012 by Enrico Beltramini, FT Accelerator is based in Silicon Valley. For more information, visit: http://www.ftaccelerator.com/.