GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Feb 22, 2017) -
- Federal by-elections will be held on Monday, April 3, 2017, in the electoral districts of Calgary Heritage (Alberta), Calgary Midnapore (Alberta), Markham-Thornhill (Ontario) and Saint-Laurent (Quebec) to fill vacancies in the House of Commons.
- Elections Canada offices in Calgary Heritage and Calgary Midnapore are open as of today. Offices in Markham-Thornhill and Saint-Laurent will be open shortly.
- Canadian citizens in these electoral districts who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's home address must be in the electoral district from the first day of the revision of the voters lists, Wednesday, March 1, until election day, Monday, April 3.
- Electors need to be registered to vote. Most electors are already registered. To check their registration, electors can visit elections.ca/register or call us at 1-800-463-6868. Unregistered electors can register online, at the Elections Canada office in their electoral district, or at the polls just before they vote.
- Electors have many voting options to choose from: by mail, in person at an Elections Canada office, at advance polls, or at their polling station on election day.
- To vote, electors must show proof of their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
Ready to vote.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.