U.S. Markets close in 4 hrs 38 mins

Ferrovial, Macquarie put up for sale concession in Chicago toll road

A welder works at a Ferrovial construction site, of new residential buildings, in Madrid, February 24, 2015. REUTERS/Susana Vera

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish infrastructure group Ferrovial (FER.MC) and Australia's Macquarie (MQG.AX) have put up for sale their concession for the Chicago Skyway toll road in the U.S., a source with knowledge of the matter said on Friday.

Ferrovial has a 55 percent stake in the concession while Macquarie holds the remaining 45 percent. They had won the concession in 2005 with a bid worth $1.83 billion.

Ferrovial said the Chicago Skyway had revenues of 62 million euros ($69.45 million) and an operating income of 54 million euros last year.

The news of the sale was first published by InfraNews website.


(Reporting by Robert Hetz; Editing by Julien Toyer and William Hardy)