Helping individuals, families, communities and businesses achieve their goals takes hard work, experience and commitment. For more than 160 years, Fifth Third has worked to help people achieve their best lives through the delivery of innovative financial solutions and collaborative relationships that pave the way for positive, transformative and long-lasting change. Results have been shared in the 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Report (CSR) now available online at www.53.com/CSR.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190515005808/en/
“We have a long legacy at Fifth Third of supporting our local communities through investments, lending, community development, philanthropy and service,” said Chairman, President and CEO Greg D. Carmichael. “We’ve often said that we engage in those activities because we believe that building a strong community builds a better bank. The reverse is also true. When Fifth Third Bank is strong, we can put that strength to work for the communities we serve. With the help of all of our stakeholders, that’s exactly what we did in 2018.”
The 2018 CSR Report details the ways in which Fifth Third used its financial strength and leveraged its most tangible asset—its employees’ generosity and commitment—to better the communities it serves, improve lives, support employees and protect the planet.
Included in the 2018 CSR Report:
- A Fifth Third MomentumTM and Down Payment Assistance innovation update about the ways the Bank addresses problems like mounting student debt and barriers to achieving the American Dream of homeownership.
- A Community Commitment Progress Report—$20.3 billion in its first three years—and how the Bank boosts homeownership rates in communities of color, expands access to capital for small businesses to start, grow and expand, and narrows the gap in financial education and workforce development.
- Employee engagement and wellness stories, including testimonies of Private Bank Specialist Kristin Cole and Commercial Services Representative Ronnie Williams about Fifth Third’s support during life-changing experiences.
- Philanthropy and volunteerism outreach, including efforts to provide over one million meals to feed the hungry, funding efforts to provide summer camp experiences for at-risk youth, and walks to foster good health, as well as $12 million in Fifth Third Foundation grants and $7 million in corporate and employee donations to United Way.
- Environmental sustainability progress, including the completion of the Bank’s first bold goal to protect the planet and an update on the completion of its 100 percent renewable energy project.
Fifth Third Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer Teresa J. Tanner, said, “It’s an honor to serve our customers—from all walks of life, at every age and every stage, and inclusive of everything that makes them who they are. Our goal is to keep our customers at the center of everything we do, both inside and outside of our Company. We hope that our 2018 CSR Report demonstrates how we relish being a part of our communities and consider it a privilege, one we will never take for granted.”
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and the indirect parent company of Fifth Third Bank, an Ohio-chartered bank. As of March 31, 2019, Fifth Third had $168 billion in assets and operated 1,207 full-service Banking Centers and 2,559 ATMs with Fifth Third branding in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia and North Carolina. In total, Fifth Third provides its customers with access to approximately 52,000 fee-free ATMs across the United States. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending and Wealth & Asset Management. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of March 31, 2019, had $394 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $44 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations through its Trust and Registered Investment Advisory businesses. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third’s common stock is traded on the Nasdaq® Global Select Market under the symbol “FITB.” Fifth Third Bank was established in 1858. Deposit and Credit products are offered by Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC.