Daily Perspective: If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough. - Oprah Winfrey
Fintech Movers: $64 billion was invested in North American startups (companies based in Canada and the United States) in the first half of 2020. That’s down 10 percent compared to the same period in 2019, when $70 billion was invested. - Crunchbase
- Nasdaq will intro ESG data.
- TP ICAP intros NDF data feed.
- NatWest unveils digital tool.
- Foxquilt secures $3.5M funding.
- Santander innovation hub hiring.
- SIX launches SFTR service.
- Holfolio intros portfolio tracking.
- Cola eyes contactless payments.
- Robinhood secures $320M.
- PayPal fast-tracks SMB tech.
Benzinga Global Fintech Awards Spotlight:
Every year Benzinga, a leading news and data platform, holds the Global Fintech Awards, a day of dealmaking, networking, and recognition in the financial technology space.
Ahead of the November 10, 2020 event, this newsletter will highlight one disruptive innovator working to create positive and diverse change in the financial services space.
Today's disruptive innovator is Betterment, a better way to to invest.
For a chance to make your mark on the future of innovation and be featured in this newsletter, check out our Global Fintech Awards!
Watch Out For This: A Seattle Police Department officer tried to unmask a ransomware attacker by deploying his own hack, according to newly unsealed court records. - Vice
- California rolls back opening.
- DeVos: Schools should reopen.
- Churches are building homes.
Photo by Bernstein from Market Ear.
Market Moving Headline: The pandemic has underscored the fragility of an economy built on corporate debt in a time of crisis. Many companies now risk digging themselves a deeper hole: new loans might help them through the worst period of lockdowns, but it means they will be entering a potentially weaker phase of economic growth with even higher debts. - FT
- Manufacturing could be slipping.
- The US backs off shipping reforms.
- Google will invest $10B into India.
- Pfizer gets FDA vaccine fast track.
- Southwest to cut jobs on slow travel.
- Tesla slashes Model Y SUV price.
- American Airlines preps furloughs.
See more from Benzinga
- CoPeace Introduces Equity Crowdfunding Offering To Fund Impact Initiatives
- 'Tracking In One Place': Holfolio Introduces An Easy Way To Follow Your Investments
- 4 San Francisco Fintechs In The Digital Banking Race
© 2020 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.