A comprehensive suite of multi-omic cancer research solutions for deep profiling of the tumor microenvironment and immune response
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 28, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fluidigm Corporation (FLDM), an innovative biotechnology tools provider with a vision to improve life through comprehensive health insight, will showcase multi-omic solutions to advance translational and clinical cancer research at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) annual meeting from March 29 to April 3 at the Georgia World Congress Center.
"Our expanding product portfolio provides a comprehensive view of both the tumor microenvironment and the dynamic immune response, delivering new approaches to answer critical questions linked to cancer research and potential treatment paradigms," said Chris Linthwaite, President and CEO of Fluidigm. "We are inspired by the impressive results of our customers and the data they will present at AACR. They are providing new insights, identifying informative biomarkers and accelerating the development of better immunotherapies. We will share the details of multiple transformative innovations offered by Fluidigm, including the introduction of a new solution for human immune profiling.”
Featured Immuno-Oncology and Cancer Research Applications
- Announced today, the Maxpar® Direct™ Immune Profiling System is the first complete sample-to-answer solution for deep immune cell profiling, essential for investigating immune response, and accelerating the development of new immunotherapies. Developed for use with Fluidigm® CyTOF® technology, the system empowers researchers to quantify 37 different immune cell populations from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and whole blood using a simple single-tube workflow with automated five-minute results reporting.
An introduction to the Maxpar Direct Immune Profiing System will be presented on Monday, April 1, by Stephen Li, PhD, of Fluidigm in a poster titled, “A robust human immune profiling assay using CyTOF® technology and automated data analysis software” (P1667). Additional presentations on the Maxpar Direct Immune Profiling System will be given daily at Fluidigm Booth 1523 from Sunday, March 31, to Wednesday, April 3. See schedule for details.
- The Hyperion™ Imaging System provides an ideal solution for deep interrogation of the tissue and tumor microenvironment, enabling simultaneous imaging of up to 37 protein markers from a single scan of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) or fresh tumor sections using Imaging Mass Cytometry™. Enabling high-dimensional profiling of cell phenotypes and function in the spatial context of the tissue microenvironment, Imaging Mass Cytometry is powering new breakthroughs globally with more than 20 scientific publications and an established footprint of more than 50 commercially enabled systems in more than 10 different countries.
- The Juno™ and Biomark™ HD automated microfluidic systems enable highly efficient detection of somatic mutations, gene fusions and immuno-oncology gene expression signatures from FFPE tissues while ensuring consistent performance and high-quality results.
Preliminary results from two exciting Advanta™ oncology assays in development will be shared starting on Sunday, March 31. Thomas Goralski, PhD, of Fluidigm will present a poster titled, “Development of a comprehensive gene fusion NGS panel using an integrated microfluidic circuit enabling highly efficient multiplex PCR enrichment” (P745). Additional presentations on these oncology assays will be given daily at Fluidigm Booth 1523 from Sunday, March 31, to Wednesday, April 3. See schedule for details.
Starting Sunday, March 31, at AACR 2019, several leading translational and clinical researchers will present on the development of predictive biomarkers of cancer progression and therapeutic response using Fluidigm technologies. Notable presentations include:
- Kara Davis, DO, of Stanford University, a leading researcher who has identified predictive signatures of leukemia relapse using mass cytometry will present the use of high-dimensional single-cell mass cytometry in translational cancer research on March 31.
- Bernd Bodenmiller, PhD, of the University of Zurich, a key innovator in Imaging Mass Cytometry, will present the identification of tumor ecosystems that correlate with poor prognosis and immunosuppression on April 3.
Multiple poster presenters from leading academic medical centers and pharma will also share their recent accomplishments using Fluidigm technologies. A few examples include:
- Mahesh Yadav, PhD, of Genentech will present results demonstrating that the enrichment of late-differentiated effector neoantigen-specific CD8+ T cells in non-small cell lung cancer patients by mass cytometry correlates with atezolizumab treatment response (P4055).
- Monirath Hav, MD, PhD, of the University of Southern California will present new insights gained through Imaging Mass Cytometry into immune cell composition and spatial heterogeneity in diffuse large B cell lymphoma associated with treatment outcome (P502).
- Maria-Fernanda Senosian of Vanderbilt University will present results demonstrating the use of mass cytometry to distinguish indolent from aggressive lung adenocarcinomas (P4701).
Fluidigm will be hosting an informative customer dinner event on Monday, April 1, at 6:30 pm ET at Terminus 330. At the event Michelle Poulin, PhD, of Fluidigm will introduce the new Maxpar Direct Immune Profiling System, followed by J.C. Villasboas Bisneto, MD, of Mayo Clinic, who will present the validation and standardization of mass cytometry immune monitoring for multicenter clinical trials. Bernd Bodenmiller, PhD, of the University of Zurich will also share his exciting results from the characterization of breast cancer ecosystems using Imaging Mass Cytometry. To learn more, visit fluidigm.com/aacrevent.
More information on the Fluidigm products and research presentations and posters at AACR using Fluidigm technologies can be found at Fluidigm Booth 1523 or at fluidigm.com/events/aacr-2019.
Fluidigm (FLDM) is an industry-leading biotechnology tools provider with a vision to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We focus on the most pressing needs in translational and clinical research, including cancer, immunology, and immunotherapy. Using proprietary CyTOF® and microfluidics technologies, we develop, manufacture, and market multi-omic solutions to drive meaningful insights in health and disease, identify biomarkers to inform decisions, and accelerate the development of more effective therapies. Our customers are leading academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and plant and animal research laboratories worldwide. Together with them, we strive to increase the quality of life for all. For more information, visit fluidigm.com.
Fluidigm, the Fluidigm logo, Advanta, Biomark, CyTOF, Direct, Hyperion, Imaging Mass Cytometry, Immune Profiling Assay, Juno, Maxpar, and Pathsetter are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fluidigm Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners. Fluidigm products are provided for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Forward-Looking Statement for Fluidigm
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, among others, statements regarding the anticipated benefits of newly introduced products and the growth and potential of immune profiling and Fluidigm products for cancer research. Forward-looking statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from currently anticipated results, including but not limited to risks relating to challenges inherent in developing, manufacturing, launching, marketing, and selling new products; potential product performance and quality issues; intellectual property risks; and competition. Information on these and additional risks and uncertainties and other information affecting Fluidigm business and operating results is contained in Fluidigm’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Fluidigm disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements except as may be required by law.
Senior Director, Marketing
650 737 4190
Vice President, Investor Relations
650 416 7423