- Integrates SecurityMatters technology into its core platform to deliver true end-to-end situational awareness across IT and OT networks
- Extends visibility for multi-cloud, SDN and industrial environments through new integrations with Microsoft Azure, Cisco ACI and Belden switching portfolio
- Advances automation of controls for network segmentation and incident response through new integrations with Fortinet, Cisco DNA-Center and ServiceNow to mitigate cyber risk
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Forescout Technologies, Inc. (FSCT), the leader in device visibility and control, today announced the industry’s first unified device visibility and control platform for IT and operational technology (OT) security. Integrating recently acquired SecurityMatters technology into its core platform, Forescout will deliver the world’s most robust visibility and control capabilities to manage cyber risk across both IT and OT domains. Additional new enhancements will enable comprehensive visibility for multi-cloud infrastructures, provide superior auto-classification for medical and industrial devices, and automate network segmentation controls across firewalls, as well as cloud and software-defined network (SDN) environments.
“According to Gartner, ‘by 2023, the average CIO will be responsible for more than three times the endpoints they manage in 20181.’ We see that the vast majority of this growth is coming from IoT and OT, as well as public and private cloud instances, over traditional IT and corporate managed devices,” said Michael DeCesare, CEO and president, Forescout. “With our latest platform release, Forescout is the only vendor that can offer true device visibility and control across the extended enterprise from IT to OT and scale to two million devices regardless of physical, virtual, cloud or hybrid environments.”
“By 2021, 70 percent of OT security will be managed directly by the CIO, CISO, or CSO department up from 35 percent today2.” IT teams are no longer tasked with only managing user devices, applications and data, but are now responsible for running secure and streamlined business operations. This starts with knowing what devices are connected across campus, data center, cloud and OT networks. Forescout’s unified platform will enable customers to gain complete situational awareness of all assets on their network, understand their cyber and operational risk profile, and automate actions to mitigate exposure.
Forescout’s platform offers the following capabilities and benefits:
- Expanded device visibility and discovery for OT, data center and cloud environments: Forescout continues to expand visibility to provide organizations with a unified view of all devices across campus, data center, cloud and OT networks. Forescout’s visibility into multi-cloud infrastructures now includes Microsoft Azure, adding to existing offerings with AWS and VMware. New integration with Cisco ACI provides visibility into SDN for data center environments. Integration with full line of Belden industrial switches, along with new passive monitoring into the lower layers of OT network stacks, provides deeper visibility into industrial control systems and OT devices.
- Superior auto-classification for medical, industrial and IoT devices: Extensive enhancements in auto-classification capabilities now allow organizations to auto-classify more devices and leverage this context for policy enforcement. Expanded coverage identifies over 500 different operating systems and over 5,000 different device vendors and models. New deep-packet inspection of over 100 IT and OT protocols powers accurate classification of healthcare devices from over 350 leading medical technology vendors, and thousands of industrial control and automation devices. Forescout’s industry-leading device cloud has now grown to more than eight million devices, enabling superior classification efficacy, velocity and coverage across IT, IoT and OT.
- Advancements in network segmentation controls and automation: As organizations embrace IT and OT segmentation, Forescout enables them to automate controls across heterogeneous firewalls as well as physical, virtual, cloud and SDN environments. The Forescout platform now includes orchestration of segmentation controls with Fortinet next-generation firewalls and Cisco DNA-Center. This adds to existing segmentation capabilities with Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, AWS, VMware and leading enterprise and industrial networking equipment.
- Improved cross-domain risk assessment and incident response: With the growing connectivity between IT and OT networks it is important to understand the risk profile of devices in both domains. Forescout adds new risk assessment capabilities, including vulnerability assessment for OT devices and industrial control systems (ICS). Additionally, new rogue device detection identifies impersonators using spoofing techniques and helps organizations prevent malicious access, as well as improve audit compliance. For organizations looking to improve security and IT operations efficiency, the Forescout platform now orchestrates with ServiceNow ITSM and Security Operations products to automate incident response.
Forescout now offers the most scalable and modular device visibility and control platform. Comprised of software products that start with device visibility in Forescout eyeSight, customers can add products such as Forescout eyeControl and Forescout eyeExtend as their needs grow. Customers and channel partners have complete flexibility to customize their purchase and choose perpetual licensing or term-based subscription.
“We are at a tipping point in cybersecurity where IP-connected devices continue to flood enterprises, IT is converging with OT, and businesses are moving to the cloud. These trends can cause significant risk and are leading the industry to gravitate towards integrated platforms to reduce complexity and handle as much as possible. Forescout is one of the first vendors to offer security capabilities that align with new requirements.” – Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst, ESG
- New Forescout Platform: http://www.forescout.com/it-ot-unified-platform
- Webinar: Unified Device Visibility for IT and OT Environments
- Webinar: Automating Security Controls with Confidence
- Follow Forescout: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Blog
1 Top Strategic IoT Trends and Technologies Through 2023 – Gartner, Sept 2018
2 2018 Strategic Roadmap for Integrated IT Security – Gartner, May 2018
Forescout Technologies, Inc. provides security at first sight. Our company delivers device visibility and control to enable enterprises and government agencies to gain complete situational awareness of their environment and orchestrate action. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
© 2019 Forescout Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a Delaware corporation. A list of our trademarks and patents can be found at https://www.forescout.com/company/legal/intellectual-property-patents-trademarks. Other brands, products, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
Media Relations Contact:
Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Investor Relations Contact:
Forescout Technologies, Inc.