SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - May 28, 2013) - Fortinet® (
FortiManager allows IT administrators to centrally manage the policies and configurations of distributed FortiGate®, FortiWiFi™, and FortiAP devices while FortiAnalyzer enables logging, reporting and analysis for enhanced network visibility and compliance. The range of hardware and cloud-based options, coupled with simple pricing models and feature-rich technology, give organizations the ability to deploy the right solution for their requirements.
Compelling Software Enhancements
The following new features were added as part of the 5.0.2 firmware releases:
- Log Arrays that allow logical device groupings for viewing aggregate logs and running reports
- New Reports for client reputation, Web filtering, dial-up/SSL VPN users and PCI compliance
- Report Import and Export, which enables chart and report portability between different Administrative Domains (ADOMS) and devices
- Enhanced GUI for viewing logs, defining alert conditions and it features a dataset tester for helping users experiment with queries
- FortiGuard Management Tab allows users to manage content security and firmware updates from FortiGuard Labs
- Administrative Domain (ADOM) Revisions enable users to create, view, revert and compare any ADOM policy package changes
- Object Searching helps to determine where specific firewall and policy objects are used
- Increased License Limits on FortiManager Virtual Appliance means users have daily storage and device licensing increases without an extra increase in costs
- Quick Install for Multiple Devices allows updates to be made to multiple devices quickly
With these new features, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer continue to address the constantly evolving business requirements, technological changes and dynamic threat landscape facing today's networks. Organizations of all sizes need a security management solution that can adapt to these changes and allow them to stay secure amidst their network's continued evolution.
"Current business requirements do not always match future business needs. The ability to quickly deploy or rearchitect a management and logging infrastructure, customize enterprise environments, reduce licensing complexities and provision storage dynamically are all paramount for today's midsize and enterprise-level organizations," said John Maddison, vice president of marketing for Fortinet. "These principles are key tenets of our versatile and adaptive management solution."
New Models and Availability
In addition to the introduction of new software enhancements, Fortinet also added several new models to its management product offering.
- FortiAnalyzer-300D - Targeting midsized businesses, the FortiAnalyzer-300D is licensed for up to 15 GB per day of log storage and includes 4 TB of storage. It can either act as a standalone logging/reporting device or as a "collector," which acts as a log forwarder in larger distributed environments
- FortiAnalyzer-3000D - Built for enterprise deployments, the FortiAnalyzer-3000D is capable of processing up to 150 GB per day of log storage and comes with 16 TB of storage. Similar to the FortiAnalyzer-300D, the FortiAnalyzer-3000D can operate in different modes thus offering a versatile set of deployment scenarios
- FortiManager-300D - The FortiManager-300D is for midsized organizations and is capable of managing up to 300 FortiGate devices. Additionally, the FortiManager-300D includes FortiAnalyzer logging and reporting for smaller environments looking to consolidate management/reporting functions
- FortiManager-4000D - The FortiManager-4000D is built for large distributed enterprises with hundreds of policies and up to 4,000 FortiGates under management. Like the FortiManager-300D, the FortiManager-4000D includes FortiAnalyzer logging and reporting, but is tailor-made for midsized businesses looking to consolidate management and reporting roles
The FortiAnalyzer-300D, FortiAnalyzer-3000D, FortiManager-300D and FortiManager-4000D are available now. Updates to FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager firmware are available for download from http://support.fortinet.com.
Follow Fortinet Online:
Subscribe to threat landscape reports: http://blog.fortinet.com/feed/; Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fortinet
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/fortinet; YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/user/SecureNetworks
About Fortinet (www.fortinet.com)
Copyright © 2013 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties. Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.