SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - August 18, 2015) - Fortinet® (FTNT) -- the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced the launch of its FortiGate-600D enterprise firewall, the industry's most competitive 10GBps mid-range network security appliance available to protect mid-market and enterprise organizations from advanced cyber attacks.
The new FortiGate-600D delivers five-times better performance compared to competitive solutions, and provides the best price/performance in the industry. The solution is designed to provide superior security and performance for two key use cases:
- Deployment as a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) at the edge of the network, allowing multiple security applications to be deployed without causing a bottleneck in the network.
- Deployment as an Internal Segmentation Firewall (ISFW), enabling customers to securely separate data stores inside the internal network -- where traffic can run 10 to 100 times faster than Internet traffic -- without affecting throughput.
This is all made possible through Fortinet's proprietary ASIC architecture, which combines off-the-shelf CPU's and custom developed ASIC's such as the Network Processor 6 (NP6) to accelerate the performance of computationally-intensive security functions.
"Bandwidth requirements are continually increasing, especially within internal networks, where most enterprises go unprotected," said John Maddison, vice president of marketing at Fortinet. "Advanced threats require additional security applications, which further increase the need for network security resources. With our new FortiGate-600D, based on an ASIC architecture, we are making the very best in security and security price/performance available to enterprises of all sizes."
New Class of Protection and Network Visibility for Greater Security Effectiveness
On average, network bandwidth requirements double every 18-months. This, combined with the proliferation of more sophisticated cyber threats means mid-market and enterprise organizations with large branch offices need high-speed network security that also delivers highly effective security to protect their businesses today and help them future-proof for tomorrow.
Fortinet's new FortiGate-600D, along with its recently launched FortiGate-400D and 900D next-generation enterprise firewall appliances, were engineered to deliver the high level of performance needed to block emerging threats, meet rigorous third-party certifications, and ensure that security does not become a network performance bottleneck. This breakthrough high-speed threat prevention allows organizations to run NSS and ICSA Labs recommended Fortinet intrusion prevention and application control technologies and VB100 certified anti-malware capabilities for deeper inspection.
Other key features included in the FortiGate-600D include:
- An intuitive management interface that enables rich console views and reports for broad and deep network visibility, scaling from a single FortiGate appliance to thousands.
- The FortiOS network security operating system that allows for superior control over thousands of applications, rich visibility over network traffic, broad security, and ease-of-use.
- High-speed connectivity essential for internal network segmentation. The FortiGate 600D provides 10 GE slots that simplify network designs without relying on additional devices to bridge desired connectivity.
- With 32 Gbps of ISFW/NGFW throughput, the FortiGate-600D can be deployed at high-speed as next generation firewalls at network edges or inside the network as internal segmentation firewalls. FortiGuard Labs threat researchers, engineers and forensic specialists that provide real-time threat intelligence around the clock that is delivered via comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet's solutions.
The new FortiGate-600D is available immediately. Please contact an authorized Fortinet channel partner for pricing and details.
For more information about Fortinet's Firewall products, please visit: http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortigate/index.html
For more information about Fortinet's unique Internal Segmentation Firewall deployment capabilities, see:
Fortinet (FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application, wireless or mobile environments -- be it virtualized/cloud or physical. Nearly 250,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2015 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding product releases. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.