November 22, 2013: U.S. equity markets opened mixed Friday morning with the DJIA opening lower after its record-setting close above 16,000 on Thursday. An interesting JOLTS report from the Labor Department indicates that U.S. workers may be making some progress. All three major indexes closed the day and the week with a gain.
European markets closed mixed and Asian and Latin American markets closed higher today.
Monday’s calendar includes the following scheduled data releases and events (all times Eastern):
- 10:00 a.m. - Pending home sales index
- 10:30 a.m. - Dallas Fed manufacturing survey
- 11:30 a.m. - 3- and 6-month bill auctions
- 1:00 p.m. - 2-year note auction
Here are the closing bell levels for Friday:
ALSO READ: The 10 Least Respected Companies in America
- S&P500 1804.76 (+8.91; +0.50%)
- DJIA 16064.77 (+54.78; +0.34%)
- NASDAQ 3991.65 (+22.49; +0.57%)
- 10YR TNOTE 2.753% (+0.3125)
- Gold $1,244.10 (+0.50; flat), down 3.4% for the week
- WTI Crude oil $94.84 (-0.60; -0.6%), up 1.1% for the week
- Euro/Dollar: 1.3549 (+0.0068; +0.50%)
Big Earnings Movers: The Gap Inc. (GPS) is down 1.3% at $41.32 after reporting earnings last night. Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) is down 1.5% at $29.23. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL) is up 5.4% at $14.57.
Stocks on the Move: Chinese sports lottery operator 500.com Ltd. (WBAI) is up 53.9% at $20.00 following an IPO today. Luxury apparel company Vince Holding Corp. (VNCE) is up 42.8% at $28.56 after its IPO as well. Intel Corp. (INTC) is down 5.4% at $23.86 after a weak forecast.
In all, 204 NYSE stocks put up new 52-week highs today, while 52 stocks posted new lows.