SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 29, 2013) - Fujitsu today announced it has been recognized in the Leaders category of The Forrester Wave™: Point of Service, Q2 2012, recently published by Forrester Research, Inc. The report findings are based on a 70-point criteria evaluation of Point-of-Service vendors. Forrester, which reviewed the Fujitsu GlobalSTORE® Point of Service (PoS) solution, looked at how companies such as Fujitsu are helping retailers implement large-scale PoS systems.
The report indicates that PoS vendors have significantly improved their store inventory management capabilities; Fujitsu is one of the vendors that particularly distinguished itself in this category and also has strong capabilities in customer self-service, multicurrency and manager mobility. In addition, the report acknowledges Fujitsu as having a superior product strategy, a superior services strategy and the highest score in deployment flexibility.
According to the Forrester report, Fujitsu has a compelling vision of retailers increasingly investing in network redundancy rather than PoS redundancy in order to simplify technology deployment and increase agility and customer intimacy. The report also mentions that Fujitsu delivers the most impressive tender processing, superior payment technologies, and noteworthy loyalty functionality embracing its CustomerCENTER, targeting and offer triggers.
This latest Forrester Wave™ PoS report identifies key points that address what retailers and consumers are seeing in the industry:
- PoS Orchestrates the Consumer's Experience of a Retail Brand. Leading vendors deliver PoS solutions globally that integrate a consumer's interactions with a retail brand, regardless of the channel, branch or banner -- and orchestrate an enterprise approach to browsing and discovery as well as transactions such as sales and returns.
- In-Store Inventory Management is Critical to Precision Retailing. Leading vendors all provide some support for managing in-store inventories at the level of detail that is required to support interactions such as click and collect.
- Integration with Social Technologies is Mainstream. Leading vendors acknowledge the social nature of shopping by building integration with social networks of their consumer fans and empowered store associates.
"We are honored that Forrester has recognized GlobalSTORE software as a leading PoS solution," said Richard Clarke, vice president, global retail strategy at Fujitsu. "We are witnessing how the retail landscape is evolving and how our GlobalSTORE software is making a difference for retailers as they adapt to the changes facing the industry and consumer market."
GlobalSTORE software, a full-featured, customizable PoS, cash management and back office system, enables retailers to easily connect different applications and devices from multiple vendors on various platforms. Retailers benefit by seeing a decrease in costs, offering better customer service, increasing revenue at the point of sale and employing technologies that allow their business to grow.
Forrester's criteria for evaluating vendor rankings included three high-level areas:
- Current offering. Forrester evaluated the vendors against 47 criteria, including core point-of-sale and return functionality, transaction types, advanced functionality, security, and extended point-of-sale capabilities such as mobility, back-office functionality, architecture, and international capabilities.
- Strategy. Forrester assessed 12 criteria, including product vision, development road map, commitment, services and support strategy, and pricing structure.
- Market presence. Forrester reviewed 11 criteria, including geographic presence, deployment flexibility, implementation scale, and installed base.
Forrester Report: The Forrester Wave™: Point of Service, Q2 2012
Fujitsu Retail Solutions: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/retailing/
Fujitsu GlobalSTORE Website: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/retailing/software/globalstore/index.html
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (
Fujitsu America, Inc., is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and https://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. GlobalSTORE is a trademark or registered trademark of Fujitsu America, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Forrester and The Forrester Wave are trademarks or registered trademarks of Forrester Research, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.