AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Mar 24, 2014) - SolarWinds (
The game vs. game match-ups that gaming enthusiasts have long debated will finally become a reality at thwack.com. This year's battle features 33 video game titans that span various platforms and genres and thwack members will decide who stands victorious in this knock out battle. The initial bracket including all of the first round grudge-matches will be announced on March 24, but to fuel the frenzy of excitement, consider this:
- Who would you rather have by your side - Tommy Vercetti or John Marston?
- Could the Umbrella Corporation thrive in Rapture?
- Would Bald Bull's reach defeat Mileena's dual sias?
These match-ups can be decided by a landslide or come down to a single deciding vote. So, gamers should start mobilizing troops and conjuring up Intimidating Shouts to ensure that the game that engulfs your nights and weekends is crowned champion. Tweet up a storm, engage your Facebook friends and promote your agenda in other communities to ensure success for your game -- make sure to use #LevelUp or #SWIBracketBattle so that fellow supporters can join you in battle and fierce competitors can see what they are up against.
- The Gaming Bracket Battle beings March 24, 2014, at thwack.com with the announcement of the initial matchups and voting on the "play-in game" where two games will battle for the right to play in the main bracket
- Voting on round one will begin on March 26, 2014 at noon and lasts until March 28, 2014 midnight
- Voting on round two begins March 31, 2014
- Additional rounds will be announced via SolarWinds Geek Speak blog, with the champion being crowned on April 14, 2014
The gauntlet has been thrown, level up or level out.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.