As far as this pair is concerned, the ¥150 level is crucial. We are getting close to that level, so I think we might be a little bit of a stretch, but when you look at the chart you can’t help but notice that the massive selloff that we had seen recently has been all but recaptured. This is typical of the British pound as of late, sellers will come in based upon some type of headline and value hunters will come in and pick it back up. I think that continues to be the best way to trade this market, as it’s obvious that the United Kingdom is going to survive the Brexit at this point. We have recently seen Armageddon priced into the British pound, and it seems as if the cooler heads will prevail eventually. After all, the United Kingdom can always fall back on the WTO agreements, which both the UK and the EU are signers of. Ultimately, the world will go on and the United Kingdom will exist next year. It seems as if the currency market is finally coming to terms with that, so therefore I continue to be a buyer of the dips. Once we break above the ¥150 level, then I think the market can extend a rally to much higher levels.
GBP/JPY Video 11.10.18
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Is it the beginning of the end?
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – stock markets break down to kick off Wednesday
- SP500 and Bitcoin crash!
- Natural Gas Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – EIA Injection 92 or Higher Should Be Bearish
- Oil Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – Hedge Funds May Have to Sell Crude to Meet Stock Market Margin Calls
- Bitcoin – Bears Back in Control with $5,000 Levels in Sight