As this pair is so highly sensitive to all things dealing with the British pound, and of course we have the headlines out there when it comes to the Brexit, it is no surprise that we continue to see a lot of choppiness. Every time we rally, the market turned right back around to break down. I think that the rallies at this point are going to be selling opportunities, as it’s only a matter of time before the headlines return negative, therefore bringing sellers.
GBP/JPY Video 19.11.18
Beyond that, this pair is sensitive to risk appetite overall, and as the United States and China have been trading barbs due to the trade war, it’s likely that the market will roll over during the uncertainty in this part of the world. Ultimately, I think that the market has further paying to feel, but I’m going to be selling rallies, looking for a bit of value in the Japanese yen. The ¥150 level above is a major barrier, so if we were to break above there it could change a lot of things but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
With the chaos going on in the United Kingdom involving government officials resigning, there is a lot of concern when it comes to the Brexit deal that Teresa May has suggested is going to be put before Parliament. It looks as if she has an uphill battle to get approval, and a “no deal Brexit” is becoming a very real possibility.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- S&P 500 Weekly Price Forecast – stock markets continue to look rough
- GBP/USD Weekly Price Forecast – British pound continues to show volatility
- Natural Gas Price Prediction – Prices Rally 7% Closing the Week Up 16%
- GBP/JPY Weekly Price Forecast – British pound rolls over for the week
- Natural Gas Weekly Price Forecast – natural gas markets break out
- USD/JPY Weekly Price Forecast – US dollar falls against Japanese yen for the week