The biggest problem with trading the British pound right now is obviously Brexit, as it continues to cause major issues. After all, it seems to be a bit of a conundrum that traders will have to deal with, as one headline after another throws both optimism and pessimism back and forth as if in some type of tennis match. Ultimately, there will be some type of closure, but we are nowhere near it at this point.
GBP/USD Video 08.10.19
Currently, it looks as if the 1.22 level underneath is support, just as the 1.22 level above is resistance. Ultimately, this is a market that will make a decision, but if the headlines continue to confuse, it’s going to be very difficult to hang on to a position for anything more than a quick scout. Ultimately, we will need to see some type of resolution to the entire scenario, and that could unleash the next trend. To the downside, that could mean that the market looks at the 1.20 level which of course is a large, round, psychologically significant figure. To the upside, the 1.25 level will be a barrier that’s difficult to overcome, but if we did see the market break above there it would be a very positive sign to say the least. All things being equal, choppiness will continue to be the order of the day so therefore it’s not necessarily a market that you should be trading much size in.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- EUR/USD Price Forecast – Euro pressing major resistance
- GBP/JPY Price Forecast – British pound chops against Japanese yen
- Crude Prices Stabilize After Another Rough Week
- GBP/USD, USDGBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/MXN – North American Session Daily Forecast
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Aussie continues to trade at fair value
- USD/JPY Price Forecast – US dollar back to 107