BETHESDA, MD--(Marketwired - Oct 2, 2013) - GetWellNetwork®, Inc., the leader in Interactive Patient Care™ (IPC) solutions, will preview its new patient user interface for the GetWellNetwork system in booth 1806 at the ANCC National Magnet Conference, October 2-4, 2013, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. This new patient experience and the additional functionality enhancements will be generally available in November 2013 as part of the GetWellNetwork 5.0 release.
The GetWellNetwork 5.0 patient experience is the result of eighteen months of research and development in collaboration with leading U.S. healthcare providers and patient focus groups. Patients will first see a visually compelling, intuitive home page comprised of three main areas:
1. Patient Activation Message -- Patient activation begins with a message to invite and encourage the patient and family to participate in the care process.
2. Patient Care Priority Spaces -- To further enhance participation, nurses and physicians may prioritize goals and tasks with and for the patient to foster their active involvement throughout the care process. Patient care priority spaces help guide the patient to complete actions such as 'Watch videos my nurse wants me to see,' 'Tell us how we are doing,' 'Rate my pain' or 'See what's planned for my day.' These care actions can be prioritized by patient condition and aligned with the hospital's care delivery objectives.
3. Favorite and Promotional Spaces -- Favorite and promotional spaces offer the patient and family easy, direct access to other commonly requested content by category. For example, patients may choose My Health to 'See my medication' or 'Browse health videos'; Entertainment to 'Watch a movie' or 'Surf the Internet'; My Stay to 'Meet my care team' or 'Order a meal'; Communicate to 'Check my email' or 'Ask a question'; and Feedback to 'Make a suggestion' or 'Cheer for my nurse.'
"We are excited to preview the new GetWellNetwork patient experience. This latest design, driven by patient and clinician guidance, provides the best possible patient experience while driving utilization around core provider objectives," said Michael O'Neil, founder and CEO of GetWellNetwork. "Now more than ever before, patients will be better prepared to take an active role in their care."
In addition to the new patient user interface, the company will also show other new functionality, including:
- Patient Experience Perception (PxP) Scorecard that provides an efficient and visible way to monitor and drive patient satisfaction in real time;
- Medication Teaching enhancements that make it easier for staff to educate at the point of care;
- Interactive Patient Whiteboard reporting enhancement that shows utilization data and other detailed reports on questions to the care team; and,
- Assistive Adapter to help patients with certain disabilities to use the GetWellNetwork system.
In related news, the company also recently announced the appointment of Dr. Karen Drenkard, Executive Director of the American Nurses Credentialing Center and past Director of the Magnet Recognition Program, as its chief clinical/nursing officer starting in January 2014.
GetWellNetwork, Inc.® provides patient engagement solutions that help healthcare providers engage, educate and empower patients along the care continuum. Our patient-centered platform, delivered across multiple technology platforms including mobile devices, computers and televisions, enables providers to implement a revolutionary care delivery model called Interactive Patient Care™ to improve performance and patient outcomes. The company further extends the value of existing IT investments by integrating seamlessly with electronic medical record and patient portal applications.