TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb 4, 2013) - The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada''s (PDAC) annual convention, taking place March 3 - 6, 2013, will see the global mineral industry converge on Toronto in the tens of thousands. In 2012, over 30,000 people attended the convention.
"Canada leads all countries with 18% of the world''s mineral exploration spending and Toronto is the global capital of mining finance-it makes sense that we host the industry''s most important networking and educational event here," says PDAC President Glenn Nolan. "We''re looking forward to another banner year for the PDAC Convention."
Now in its 81st year, the convention attracts investors, analysts, mining executives, geologists, prospectors and international government delegations from all over the globe. In 2012, 25% of convention delegates were international.
"The convention is designed to help the sector find the creative answers it needs to meet the challenges it faces," says PDAC Executive Director Ross Gallinger. "Programming reflects economic and industry trends, and aims to provide networking and educational opportunities to encourage a healthy mineral exploration industry."
PDAC 2013 Convention highlights:
- Expanded Technical Program featuring 22 sessions by industry experts
- Trade Show featuring 445 exhibitors promoting technology, products and services
- Investors Exchange featuring 580 exhibitors-free and open to the public
- Prospectors Tent featuring maps, samples and claim results of independent prospectors
- Core Shack featuring the latest mineral discoveries from around the world
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Event Series-free and open to the public
- Aboriginal Program including a Technical Session, the Aboriginal Forum and the Skookum Jim Award
- Student Program including the Student-Industry Networking Luncheon and the Student-Industry Forum
- Record number of Short Courses and Workshops
- Popular ticketed events including Luncheons, the Awards Evening and the Gala Party
Delegates who register by February 8, 2013, receive up to 50% off regular pricing.
For more information about the convention or to register, visit www.pdac.ca.
About the PDAC
The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) is a national association representing the mineral exploration and development industry with over 10,000 individual and corporate members. The PDAC Convention takes place March 3 - 6, 2013, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.