DUBLIN, June 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Modification and Purification Services Market: Focus on Research, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications, 2020-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Oligonucleotides have a wide range of applications in medical science. In basic research and diagnostics, these are indispensable to contemporary molecular testing and analytical protocols, genomic library construction and artificial gene synthesis. In fact, amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, several oligonucleotide manufacturers have started offering critical oligonucleotide chemistries, controls and components for the delivery of COVID-19 detection kits at scale.
According to experts, the use of oligonucleotides as a treatment option is limited due to complexities associated with the synthesis of such compounds. Similar to small molecule drugs, oligonucleotides can be manufactured via chemical synthesis methods, solid phase synthesis being one of the most popular approaches used. However, there are certain technical requirements and complex analytical expertise required for development, synthesis and purification of this class of molecules.
As a result, oligonucleotide manufacturing has emerged as a much sought-after capability within the modern biopharmaceutical industry. Presently, a significant proportion of the existing expertise and manufacturing capacity for oligonucleotides belong to contract service providers. In fact, most researchers and many therapy / diagnostic developers have demonstrated preference to outsource oligonucleotide manufacturing operations, instead of building in-house capabilities for the same. Several big pharma companies, despite having proprietary manufacturing capabilities, are known to outsource more than half of their clinical stage oligonucleotide manufacturing operations. In the foreseen future, we anticipate the demand and opportunities for CMOs in this domain to rise. Consequently, CMOs need to continue to upgrade their capabilities and infrastructure to keep pace with the evolving product development landscape.
This report features a detailed study of the current scenario and future potential of the custom synthesis, modification and purification services market for oligonucleotides, which are intended for research, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications. The study includes in-depth analyses, highlighting the capabilities of service providers engaged in this domain.
In addition, it includes:
- A detailed review of the current status of the market with respect to oligonucleotide manufacturers focused on research and diagnostic, and therapeutic applications.
- A company competitiveness analysis, highlighting prominent oligonucleotide manufacturers for research and diagnostic, and therapeutic applications, based on supplier strength and service strength.
- Profiles of key players that offer a diverse range of capabilities for custom synthesis, modification and purification of oligonucleotides for use in research and diagnostic, and therapeutic applications.
- An analysis of the various partnerships pertaining to oligonucleotide manufacturing, which have been established since 2014, based on several parameters, such as the year of partnership, type of partnership, type of partner, most active players and a geographical analysis.
- An analysis of the various expansion initiatives undertaken by service providers engaged in this domain.
- A detailed analysis of completed, ongoing and planned clinical research studies of various oligonucleotide-based drug products.
- An estimate of the overall, installed capacity for manufacturing oligonucleotides based on data reported by industry stakeholders in the public domain.
- An informed estimate of the annual commercial demand for oligonucleotide-based drug products, taking into account the marketed oligonucleotide products.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under an elaborate SWOT framework, which are likely to impact the industry's evolution, including a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative effect of each SWOT parameter on the overall industry.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
4. Oligonucleotide manufactureres (research and diagnostic applications)
5. Oligonucleotide manufactureres (therapeutic applications)
6. Company competitiveness analysis: oligonucleotide manufactures (research and diagnostic applications)
7. Company competitiveness analysis: oligonucleotide manufacturers (therapeutic applications)
8. Company profiles: oligonucleotide manufacturers (research and diagnostic applications)
9. Company profiles: oligonucleotide manufacturers (therapeutic applications)
10. Partnerships and collaborations
11. Recent expansions
12. Clinical trial analysis
13. Capacity analysis
14. Demand analysis
15. Market sizing and opportunity analysis
16. SWOT analysis
17. Survey analysis
18. Executive insights
19. Concluding remarks
- Agilent Technologies
- Allianz BioInnovation
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- Alta Bioscience
- AM Chemicals
- Aptose Biosciences
- Arbutus Biopharma
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals
- ATZ Labs
- Avrio Biopharmaceuticals
- Bio Basic
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Daiichi Sankyo
- EMD Serono
- Enzon Pharmaceuticals
- Eton Bioscience
- Eurofins Genomics
- GCC Biotech
- GE Healthcare
- General Biosystems
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Huabo Biopharm
- i3 Research
- IBA Lifesciences
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Isarna Therapeutics
- Koram Biotech
- Quintara Biosciences
- ReNetX Bio
- Santaris Pharma
- Sarepta Therapeutics
- Sierra Oncology
- Sigma Aldrich
- Sterna Biologicals
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Syngene International
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Vivantis Technologies
- Wave Life Sciences
- Wings Therapeutics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vxo3i7
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-oligonucleotide-synthesis-modification-and-purification-services-market-focus-on-research-diagnostic-and-therapeutic-applications-2020-2030-301072004.html
SOURCE Research and Markets