WOODSIDE, Calif., March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Silicon Valley has become synonymous with big ideas, start-ups, and inventing the future. But today, the magic of Silicon Valley has gone viral and global. From Austin to Boston, Chicago to São Paulo, from Shanghai to Mumbai to Dubai, a Global Silicon Valley is emerging.
In The Global Silicon Valley Handbook, bestselling author, venture capitalist, and global thought leader, Michael Moe, maps out an insider's guide to Silicon Valley and the hottest emerging markets around the world. The book highlights needs-to-know, including who are the top VCs and angel investors, phrases to avoid in a pitch, and even where to close a deal over dinner or beers. Key features include:
- Top 50 Global Innovation Hotspots: Take a journey to the key startup scenes around the world — from Seattle to Sydney, Stockholm, and Seoul.
- Market Profiles + Local Lowdown: Needs-to-know including the top VCs and angel investors, can't-miss events, what the locals wear and drive, and where to close a deal over dinner or beers.
- Insider Tips + Fun Facts: Phrases to avoid in a pitch, networking etiquette and required reading. Plus the Pioneer 250, a list of emerging private companies poised to become the world's next Unicorns.
Legendary venture capitalist, Dick Kramlich says, "It had to happen! Silicon Valley is now ubiquitous! The Global Silicon Valley Handbook gives you facts and an informed opinion about everything you need to know when starting your company."
Carol Bartz, the renowned former CEO of Yahoo and Autodesk says, "Entrepreneurs do change the world... The Global Silicon Valley Handbook is chock full of invaluable information on who you need to know, what you need to know, and where you need to go."
Tim Draper, of venture capital and entrepreneurial acclaim says, "Finally! A book from a true Silicon Valley ecosystem innovator! The Global Silicon Valley Handbook is an entertaining 'must read' for anyone interested in how this Valley works. Michael Moe takes you around the Valley with an entertaining tongue-in-cheek edge, while giving you the smarts you need to become a success in the tech world. Dig in. You will read it again and again."
The Global Silicon Valley Handbook aspires to inspire the entrepreneur in all of us. To purchase a copy please visit:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Global-Silicon-Valley-Handbook/dp/145557032X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481309141&sr=1-1&keywords=global+silicon+valley+handbook
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-global-silicon-valley-handbook-michael-moe/1123470297?ean=9781455570324
- iBooks: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book/global-silicon-valley-handbook/id1088914674?mt=11
- Indiebound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781455570324
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-global-silicon-valley-handbook
Release date: March 7, 2017
US: $19.99, Canada $25.99
About GSV Capital Corp.
GSV Capital Corp. (GSVC) is a publicly traded investment fund that seeks to invest in high-growth, venture-backed private companies. Led by industry veteran Michael Moe, the Company seeks to create a portfolio of high-growth emerging private companies via a repeatable and disciplined investment approach, as well as to provide investors with access to such companies through its publicly traded common stock. GSV Capital is headquartered in Woodside, CA. www.gsvcap.com
Contact: Terri Tiffany
SandHill PR Partners
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-global-silicon-valley-handbook-to-launch-march-7-300419825.html