DUBLIN, May 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Global Transit Ticketing & Fare Collection Report 2020-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The fourth edition of the Global Transit Ticketing & Fare Collection Report 2020-2030 report has been released.
The key highlights of the report are:
- The AFC market size is forecast to increase from USD8.9 billion in 2018 to nearly USD13.5 billion in 2025.
- The report provides the latest information on the current status of ticketing systems and plans for the deployment of advanced fare collection systems including open payments and account-based ticketing (ABT) in 500 cities in 112 countries across the world.
- The report covers 57 cities in North America, 44 in Latin America, 120 in the Asia Pacific, 216 in Europe and 63 in the Middle East and Africa.
- In the next decade, the spotlight will be on open-loop ticketing and ABT with cities transitioning directly from paper tickets to such advanced contactless payments.
- Of the 500 cities analysed, 210 cities have firm plans to introduce open-loop ticketing.
The report has 3 distinct sections.
Parts 1 and 2 of the report (PPT format converted to PDF with 155 slides) provides an analysis of the:
- Market size of the AFC segment (current and projected)
- Market size of AFC sub-segments
- Future plans for deployment of advanced fare collection systems
- Key emerging trends and drivers of growth
- Size of the contactless smartcards market (current and future)
- Market for bank cards for transit ticketing (existing and future)
- Mobile ticketing for transit (existing and future)
- Current status of account-based ticketing market and future plans
- Open-loop payment systems
- Mobility-as-a-Service (key deployments, case studies, etc)
- Current status and future opportunities by region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa)
- Recent contracts, announcements and tenders
- Current status and future opportunities by type of fare media
- Current status of integration (multi-modal, multi-operator at the local, regional and national levels)
- Planned level of integration and interoperability
- New technologies and innovations
- Key players
Part 3 of the report (MS Excel database format) provides detailed information on 500 cities across the world.
Each city profile provides information on:
- Population and growth rate
- Key players (operators and developers)
- Transit modes in the city
- Ridership for each mode
- Existing fare media and technology (contactless smartcards, bank cards, mobile ticketing, tokens, paper tickets, etc)
- Current ticketing infrastructure
- Vendors/suppliers of ticketing infrastructure
- Existing level of fare integration (city-wide, regional, national, with retail, with parking, etc.)
- Account-based ticketing and open loop ticketing
- Current fleet size
- Current and planned public transport network
- Plans for deployment of bank cards
- Plans for launch of mobile ticketing
- Planned investment in AFC
- Planned level of integration
- Plans for ABT and open loop ticketing
- Key contract awards
- Contract values
- Timelines and AFC implementation schedules
- Open tenders/ upcoming tenders
- Key contacts
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vzj2wv
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets