The global water treatment chemicals market was valued at US$ 30.0 Bn in 2018 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period (2019–2027), in terms of revenue.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market:
The water treatment chemicals market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for chemically treated water from various industries such as chemicals & petrochemicals, power generation, and others
Increasing incidence of water-borne diseases such as typhoid, cholera, and diarrhea has resulted in significant demand for water treatment chemicals in the global market. In 2016, around 130,000 cases of cholera and over 2,000 deaths were reported globally by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Request your Sample PDF copy @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/3062
Key players in the water treatment chemicals market are increasing the prices of water treatment chemicals, which is a restraining factor affecting the water treatment chemicals market growth. For instance, in 2018, Kemira, a global chemicals company, announced increase in prices for all polymers, inorganic coagulants, and other products in North America and Latin America market. The company raised the prices of emulsion polymers and dry polymers up to 7%-15%, inorganic coagulants up to 10% -20%, polyamines up to 10%-17%, and polyacrylate dispersants up to 7%-12%.
Key Market Takeaways:
- The global water treatment chemicals market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period in terms of revenue. Population across the globe is also facing with the proper sanitation facilities, which is a driving factor for the water treatment chemicals market growth. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2015, out of 912 million people in the European region, over 60 million people were devoid of proper water sanitation facilities and an additional 14 million people could not use the basic source of drinking water. Therefore, to provide proper sanitation and to avoid illness, proper water treatment is required.
- Among applications, in 2018, industrial segment accounted for the largest revenue share in the global water treatment chemicals market. Increasing focus of industries on the treatment of wastewater due to stringent government regulations is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period. For instance, the U.S. Code of Regulations, title 40 & chapter 405, has set effluent release standards for petroleum refining industry. According to the regulation, the total suspended solids in the released wastewater should not exceed 10.1 kilograms per 1,000 meter cube of feedstock and the pH value of the effluent should be between 6.0 and 9.0.
- Among regions, North America accounted for the largest share, in terms of revenue, in the global water treatment chemicals market in 2018. Increasing initiatives by government for the supply of clean drinking water is expected to propel the water treatment chemicals market growth. For instance, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) is focused on working for improvement of water and sewage services particularly in the municipal wastewater treatment area.
- Prominent players operating in the water treatment chemicals market are adopting strategies such as product launches, to strengthen their position in the market. For instance, in 2017, VEOLIA launched Hydrex 3000, a world-class water treatment chemical. It contains effective solutions for the removal of solids & turbidity in clarifying water streams. It is used in food and beverage plants for pre-treatment and improving product quality.
Key companies operating in the global water treatment chemicals market include -
BASF S.E., Suez S.A., Kemira OYJ, BWA Water Additives, Ecolab Inc., Cortec Corporation, DowDuPont Inc., Baker Huges Incorporated, Akzo Nobel N.V., and Solenis LLC
Buy this Research Report (Single User License) @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/3062
- Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market, By Product Type:
- Coagulants & Flocculants
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Scale Inhibitors
- pH Adjusters & Stabilizers
- Biocides & Disinfectants
- Others (Chelating agents, etc.)
- Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market, By Application:
- Global Water Treatment Chemicals Market, By Region:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- North Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Aquaculture Water Treatment Systems Market - https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/aquaculture-water-treatment-systems-market-and-recirculating-aquaculture-systems-market-3123
Residential Water Treatment Devices Market - https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/ongoing-insight/residential-water-treatment-devices-market-867