REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Following Announcement, Thousands of Charities Sign Up and Company Offers Special Holiday Promotion
Today, GoFundMe, the world’s largest social fundraising platform, launched its first ever WordPress plugin that makes it easy to accept donations on third party sites. The news comes as part of the highly-anticipated launch of GoFundMe Charity™, a new fundraising suite for nonprofits. The new products were announced a few weeks ago, and thousands of charities are already on the waitlist to receive the enterprise-level fundraising features. Starting today, the Donate Button by GoFundMe and GoFundMe Charity are available.
With the new Donate Button by GoFundMe, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and anyone who wants to raise money on their behalf will have the ability to add the WordPress plugin directly to their site. By using this plugin, anyone has access to the best payment processing experience and social fundraising expertise, from anywhere.
“GoFundMe has become the internet’s ‘take action” button,’ said Rob Solomon, CEO of GoFundMe. “With the Donate Button by GoFundMe, we are expanding this idea by giving people the ability to add an easy WordPress plugin to their site and raise money for charities and organizations. They can do it right from their own site in a matter of minutes, while still getting all of the support and payment processing powered by the largest and most trusted social fundraising site. WordPress makes it easy and is a vital platform in the web ecosystem. We want to make it simple for people to make an impact by simply adding a button when they are creating and managing their own sites.”
Key Benefits of the Donate Button by GoFundMe, WordPress Plugin:
- Powered by the largest and most trusted social fundraising company.
- Simple WordPress plugin for third-party websites as an effective way to collect donations immediately, without the need of a GoFundMe Charity™ account or campaign.
- Offers best-in-class customization and control, including suggested donation amounts, branding, and colors to fit the brand needs.
- Native WordPress experience offers a simple and straightforward set-up experience.
- Receive full access to donor analysis, automated receipts, recurring payments, easy reconciliation, and dedicated customer support.
- Special holiday promotion of a 1.9% + $.30 payment processing fee per donation for 501(c)(3) organizations using the Donate Button by GoFundMe or GoFundMe Charity.
- Works with all the major credit card processing providers.
In addition to the Donate Button by GoFundMe, the social fundraising site is launching more offerings for nonprofits with the introduction of GoFundMe Charity™, enterprise-level fundraising software—with no subscriptions, no contracts, and no add-on fees. As an industry first, GoFundMe Charity™ offers customers two transaction-based pricing plans: either a guaranteed 0% platform fee with an option for donors to leave a voluntary “tip” for the GoFundMe services and support, or a flexible option with donor-covered fees.
To learn more about GoFundMe Charity visit: charity.gofundme.com.
To learn more about GoFundMe Donate Button, WordPress plugin, go to: donate.gofundme.com/c/donate-button
Launched in 2010, GoFundMe is the world’s largest free social fundraising platform, with billions raised by tens of millions of donors. GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.