Our system is straightforward. Approximately every 6-months precious metals form intermediate lows – I refer to them as “6-month” lows due to their frequency. Once the cycle bottoms, we go long the subsequent advance. On average, our system holds trades anywhere from 2 to 4 months.
A TEMPORARY BREATHER
The most recent 6-month low arrived November 12th, 2019. After the initial breakout advance to $1613.40, prices are consolidating at the 10-day EMA and taking a breather. Similar to the mid-cycle correction in July of last year. Soon, the cycle forces will take back over, and gold will resume its path higher.
The current advance should rally into March before finally peaking. Target wise – we think gold could test $1700 with the potential for higher depending on geopolitical events. The next 6-month low isn’t due until May 2020.
Investors looking for juiced returns may want to look at silver and platinum for the next up leg. Platinum is just breaking out to fresh highs, and the trend in silver is likely to accelerate sharply into March.
AG Thorson is a registered CMT and expert in technical analysis. He believes we are in the final stages of a global debt super-cycle. For more information, please visit https://goldpredict.com/
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Gold Price Prediction – Prices Rally Post Trade Agreement Signing
- Gold Price Forecast – Gold Markets Stabilize A Bit On Wednesday
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock Markets Continue To Reach Higher Amid Trade Deal
- Crude Oil Price Forecast – Crude Oil Testing Fair Value
- GBP/USD Price Forecast – British Pound Continues To Show Support
- EUR/USD Mid-Session Update for January 15, 2020