GDX DAILY CHART
After bottoming in November, GDX has underperformed and failed to make new highs while gold spiked above $1600 over geopolitical concerns. The next few days are crucial. To maintain the potential for an immediate breakout, miners must hold support and turn higher. Failing to keep this level and closing below $26.40 would imply a deeper correction to around $24.00.
GDXJ DAILY CHART
The pattern in juniors resembles a bullish rounded bottom. The current pullback should find support around $39.50. Once complete, the uptrend should resume and break decisively above $43.00. To register a breakdown, GDXJ would have to close below $37.50.
From a cyclical point of view, our work suggests metals and miners should remain strong into February and presumably March. A more profound breakdown seems unlikely, but it’s something we are monitoring.
Currently, our swing trading system is holding leveraged long positions in miners and silver.
AG Thorson is a registered CMT and expert in technical analysis. He believes we are in the final stages of a global debt super-cycle. For more information, please visit https://goldpredict.com/
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- GBP/USD Daily Forecast – Sterling Holds Near Important Support Level
- USD/JPY Forex Technical Analysis – Sustained Rally Over 109.930 Means Buying is Real
- U.S. Dollar Index Futures (DX) Technical Analysis – Strengthens Over 97.300, Weakens Under 97.005
- Will Weaker Than Expected Payrolls Support Gold Prices?
- Price of Gold Fundamental Daily Forecast – Traders Eyeing U.S. Consumer Inflation Reports
- NZD/USD Forex Technical Analysis – Trader Reaction to .6632 Sets the Tone