Today’s headlines have been dominated by the reveal of Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. This comes as no surprise, considering how many weeks we’ve been poring over leaks and rumors about the new Android phone, but in all the excitement, you might have missed an interesting announcement from Google.
Starting today, an optimized version of Google Calendar is available to download on iPad.
Don't Miss: How the Galaxy S8 compares to the competition
Google Calendar has been available on the App Store for years, but it wasn’t a universal app. Sure, it was possible to stretch the iPhone app to fit to the size of an iPad display, but it wasn’t ideal. Now you don’t have to worry about the dimensions of the app anymore, and you can stop looking for alternative calendar apps.
Google highlighted a few of the features that you can take advantage of in Google Calendar for iPad:
- Find a time and book a room. Get everyone together faster for meetings. With smart scheduling, Calendar suggests meeting times and available rooms based on your team’s availability and room preferences.
- Set Goals and achieve them. Add a goal and Calendar will intelligently schedule time for it so you can stick to it.
Google also notes that you can search the calendar from the iPad’s home screen with Spotlight Search, and says that a Today View widget that will let you see your upcoming meetings and events from the Notification Center and the lock screen will make its way to the iPad app in a coming update.
Trending right now:
- Google Pixel 3 is coming next year, and phone makers are already fighting over it
- Go get these crazy MacBook deals while you can
- Best Buy’s Galaxy S8 preorder deal is better than anyone else’s