OKLAHOMA CITY, OK--(Marketwired - Jul 15, 2014) - Financial expert Jeff Gorton, head of Gorton Financial Group, has set a new tone in his field by offering a Client Bill of Rights, http://www.gortonfinancialgroup.com/p/client-bill-of-rights.
Gorton, a veteran Certified Public Accountant, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP®), says the concept has multiple potential benefits for financial firms.
"The idea is established in some law firms, but even in those cases, the amendments are often in the service of the firm; I wanted to make sure that our Client Bill of Rights actually meant something to those we serve," says Gorton, who runs a full-service firm, catering to all areas of financial needs.
"I'm really big on client participation, and I think the various amendments encourage the idea that we, as financial professionals, are crafting a client's future, so they ought to be involved."
Another unique feature of the Gorton Financial Group is something he calls a Written Income Plan (WIP), which is essentially homework for clients to detail what they expect from their money moving forward.
So, what are some of the rights listed in the firm's Client Bill of Rights? They include the following:
- Ongoing monitoring and regular in-person reviews of your financial plans, accounts, investments, insurance policies, and applicable legal and tax documents.
- Have your calls and emails returned within one business day (or sooner if the matter is time sensitive).
- Receive accurate and timely statements of your account, including details related to every transaction.
- Have complicated financial concepts explained in simple English.
- Never receive a recommendation that has not been thoroughly investigated in advance.
About Jeff Gorton, CPA CFP® RICP®
Jeff Gorton is a Certified Public Accountant, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, and a Retirement Income Certified Professional® specializing in individual tax and retirement planning as head of Gorton Financial Group, (www.gortonfinancialgroup.com). He is also an Investment Advisor Representative under Alphastar Capital Management, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor, and has a life and health insurance license. Gorton works with individuals and their families to create and protect their financial legacies. He specializes in working with retirees in the areas of tax planning, benefits, retirement planning, estate planning and safe money techniques. He received his BBA in Accounting from the University of Oklahoma.