To celebrate its 100th birthday, Grand Central Terminal restaurants and shops are having a crazy discount tomorrow.
Participating retailers will be rolling their 2013 prices all the way back to 1913 costs on February 1st, which means if you stop by the station, you could get a 10¢ shoe shine or a loaf of rye bread for 6¢. (Unfortunately, the trains will still cost the same.)
That won't be the only way the transportation hub will be celebrating. There will also be a Rededication Ceremony that day with Cynthia Nixon, Caroline Kennedy, and the Vanderbilt family, as well as music performances in the station by the Grammy Award-winning big band Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks.
The terminal will also have a slew of other celebratory specials and parties throughout its centennial year, which will be posted on the Grand Central's website.
The station opened officially to the public at midnight on February 2 in 1913, with more than 150,000 people in attendance to see the city's newest landmark. The New York Times even wrote of the day that, "Railroad men viewed the scene with amazement, saying that never before had the public been known to take such a keen interest in the opening of a railroad terminal."
Here's the full list of the 1913 pricing rollbacks and participating stores (via the Gothamist).
- 19¢ ea. shrimp, 13¢ ea. mussels, 13¢ ea. clams at Pescatore
- 10¢ for a side of french fries at Tri Tip Grill *From 11am-3pm
- 5¢ small drip hot coffee at Financier Patisserie *Starting at 12 pm. Limit one per customer
- 10¢ shoe shine at Leather Spa
- 10¢ nylon watch straps from Central Watch *Limited to first 500 customers. Limit one per customer
- 25¢ piece of Legendary Fudge at Li-Lac Chocolates *Limit one per customer
- 19¢ slice of cheesecake at the Oyster Bar & Restaurant *Dine-in only
- 10¢ for bambini scoop of gelato or sorbet at Ciao Bella
- $2 for 100% silk scarves (unisex) at TOTO
- 6¢ loaf of rye bread at Zaro’s Bakery * Shuttle Passage and Grand Central Market locations only. Limit one per customer
- 75¢ Adirondack cocktail at Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
- 5¢ 1lb box of pasta with purchase of a Ceriello Sauce at Ceriello Fine Foods *until 4pm
More From Business Insider