The market will accelerate at a CAGR of over 8% between 2019-2023
The report, global age-related macular degeneration (AMD) therapeutics market has been added to Technavio’s catalog. It provides a comprehensive analysis of the market, including its global and regional market share as well as market segmentation based on type and geography for the forecast period 2019-2023.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191021005715/en/
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research: Download Free Sample Report
This report on the age-related macular degeneration (AMD) therapeutics market includes:
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) therapeutics market analysis and forecast 2019-2023: Features
- Competitive landscape
- Market segmentation
- Market drivers
- Market trends
- Market challenges
- Five forces analysis
- Market landscape
- Market sizing & forecast
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Therapeutics Market 2019-2023: Competitive Landscape
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Amgen Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Therapeutics Market 2019-2023: Geographic Landscape
- North America - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Asia - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- ROW - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Key leading countries
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Therapeutics Market 2019-2023: Type Landscape
- Wet AMD - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Dry AMD - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 10,000+ market research reports.
Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
High prevalence of AMD will drive the age-related macular degeneration (AMD) therapeutics market
The prevalence of AMD is increasing significantly, owing to the presence of high-risk factors such as aging, smoking, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Moreover, despite the high prevalence of AMD, no approved therapies are available in the market for the treatment of the condition. Thus, the high prevalence coupled with the huge unmet medical need of dry AMD are expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Development of gene therapy for AMD – An emerging trend in the osteoporosis market
At present, only a few drugs are approved for the treatment of AMD. However, the side effects associated with them are very severe, and the majority of them act against VEGF only. Hence, there is a huge unmet need for safe and novel drugs to treat AMD. The currently available anti-VEGF therapies require repetitive and inconvenient intraocular injections. Hence, several companies are working on novel drugs to combat AMD, among which gene therapy is expected to cure the disease effectively. Hence, the development of gene therapy is expected to be a positive trend for the global AMD therapeutics market.
Other Key Topics Covered in the Report are:
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2018
- Market size and forecast 2018-2023
DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Strategic alliances
- Development of gene therapy for AMD
- Growing awareness about AMD
Technavio also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive, and tailored research.
For More Information Click Here
Browse Related Healthcare Reports:
- Global Plethysmograph Market: The global plethysmograph market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the period 2019-2023. The plethysmograph market size will increase by USD 14.86 million during the forecast period of 2019-2023.
- Global Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Inhibitors Market: The global vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitors market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 8% during the period 2019-2023. The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitors market size will increase by USD 10.2 billion during the forecast period of 2019-2023.
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions.
With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 10,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.