SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Direct from the Food Halls of the world-renowned department store, Harrods Hampers and classic items now available on Williams Sonoma online.
World famous department store Harrods is pleased to announce its expansion outside its native London with leading specialty retailer, Williams Sonoma. Williams Sonoma, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM) portfolio of brands, will now offer a curated collection of 15 classic Harrods items including the iconic Harrods hampers, signature tea blends, premium biscuits, and candy. This exclusive partnership is Harrods’ first venture into the United States and will be a digital e-commerce offering, available at www.williams-sonoma.com/harrods.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181101005639/en/
“Williams Sonoma is committed to bringing our customers the world’s best products and offering exclusive experiences,” said Janet Hayes, president of Williams Sonoma. “Our collaboration with Harrods allows us to provide our customers with food products and gifts from one of the most iconic brands in the world.”
Harrods Managing Director, Michael Ward, commented: “Our partnership with Williams Sonoma is an exciting representation of our ambitions for Harrods in the future. For the very first time, our iconic hampers, sweets, teas and biscuits will be available to order from Williams Sonoma online, offering customers a taste of British favorites to be enjoyed at home or gifted to a dear one. Harrods Food Halls remain the heart of our business and our team of world class chefs and food experts are thrilled to venture into the next chapter of Harrods’ history with Williams Sonoma.”
The announcement follows an acclaimed partnership with Williams Sonoma beginning when Harrods opened the doors to its new Roastery and Bake Hall, marking the largest redevelopment of the historic Food Halls in more than 30 years. The newly renovated hall sells signature Williams Sonoma food items including confections such as Williams Sonoma’s Peppermint Bark, baking mixes, sauces and flavored coffee beans to Harrods’ local and international customers.
Harrods Hampers remain an iconic symbol of the British retailer’s history with luxury food and service packaged together. As early as 1890, Harrods sold School Hampers as gifts from parents to their children returning to boarding school. By 1895, the interest for gifting Harrods hampers had expanded to Christmas ranges with varieties filled with Christmas dinner essentials from brandy butter, full hams and whisky. The trend has continued to grow in popularity since the store’s inception and the hampers remain a classic gift for any occasion.
The new range spans a diverse product offering, kickstarting with Christmas items ahead of the holiday season—perfect for gifting or enjoying among family and friends. From British classics including Harrods Mince Pies and Christmas Pudding to year-round favorites like Dark Chocolate and Ginger Biscuits, Blackcurrant Jam and English Mustard, the product offering is an authentic reflection of British treats crafted by Harrods’ world class team of chefs and suppliers.
The Harrods collection is now available on Williams Sonoma’s website. For more information on the collection, please visit: www.williams-sonoma.com/harrods.
Harrods Exclusive Collection
- Harrods Luxury Extravagance Hamper, $999.95
(Harrods Truffle Salted Marcona Almonds, Dark Chocolate and Ginger Biscuits, Triple Chocolate Biscuits (x2 quantities), Date and Pecan Biscuits, All-Butter Shortbread Fingers, Blood Orange Marmalade, English Strawberry Jam, Lemon Curd, Dark Marmalade, Orange Lemon and Bay Marmalade, English Blackcurrant Jam, Raspberry and Rose Tea Jam, English Mustard, Beetroot Caraway and Orange Marmalade, Scottish Raspberry Preserve, Devon Ale Fruit Chutney, Hot Smoke Chilli Jam, Cucumber Fennel and Gin Relish, Bramley Apple Sauce, Honey and Chilli Mustard, English Breakfast No. 14 Tea, Earl Grey No. 42 Tea, Darjeeling No. 26, Ground Kenyan Coffee, Ground Java Coffee, Ground Columbian Coffee, Hot Chocolate Praline, Harrods Chocolate Cantuccini, Harrods Linguini, Harrods Olive Pasta Sauce, Harrods Radiatori)
- Harrods Exquisite Luxury Hamper, $599.95
- (Harrods Truffle Salted Marcona Almonds, Luxury Everyday Triple Chocolate Biscuits, Harrods Luxury Everyday Spiced Rhubarb Oat Biscuits, Lemon Curd, Orange Lemon & Bay Marmalade, English Blackcurrant Jam, English Mustard, Hot Smoke Chilli Jam, English Breakfast No. 14 tea, Earl Grey No.42 Tea, Darjeeling No. 26, Luxury Ground Java, Ground Colombian Coffee, Hot Chocolate Praline, Harrods Amaretti, Harrods Basil Pasta Sauce, Harrods Linguini, Harrods Rigatoni)
- Harrods Luxury Christmas Hamper, $399.95
- (Harrods Classic Christmas Pudding, Harrods Classic Mince Pies, Clementine Glitter Biscuits, Christmas Marmalade, Christmas Tea Blend, After Dinner Coffee, Christmas Jam)
- Harrods Luxury Gourmet Hamper, $299.95
- (Harrods Luxury Everyday Triple Chocolate Biscuits, English Blackcurrant Jam, Devon Ale Fruit Chutney, English Breakfast No. 14 Tea, Ground Columbian Coffee, Harrods Basil Pasta Sauce, Harrods Linguini)
- Harrods Christmas Holly and Ivy Hamper, $259.95
- (Harrods Christmas Chocolate Bar, Clementine Glitter Biscuits, Christmas Jam, Harrods Spiced Tea, Harrods After Dinner Coffee)
- Harrods Luxury Classic Hamper, $259.95
- (Harrods Luxury Everyday Dark Chocolate and Ginger Biscuits, Blood Orange Marmalade, English Strawberry Jam, English Mustard, Beetroot Caraway & Orange Marmalade, English Breakfast No. 14 Tea, Ground Columbian Coffee)
- Harrods Luxury Treats Hamper, $199.95
- (Harrods Luxury Everyday Dark Chocolate and Ginger Biscuits, Scottish Raspberry Preserve, English Breakfast No.14, Ground Columbian Coffee)
- Harrods Tea Tim Gift Box, $125.95
- The Harrods Christmas Treats Gift Box, $125.95
- Harrods Heritage Biscuit Assortment, $49.95
- Harrods Heritage Loose Leaf Tea Gift Pack, $49.95
- Harrods Cocoa Dusted Almonds, $39.95
- Harrods Heritage No. 14 Breakfast Blend Tea Bag, $29.95
- Harrods Heritage Shortbread Tin, $29.95
- Harrods Heritage Toffees, $19.95
Harrods began as a wholesale grocer and tea merchant in east London, first opening its doors in 1834. Since then, it has grown to become the world’s most famous department store, known for its unrivalled range of luxury merchandise. As well as exclusive brands and myriad departments, one of Harrods’ most renowned attributes is its unparalleled service. Harrods continues to be guided by its philosophy of “anything is possible” and, to this day, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do. Harrods has been a pioneer in food retail since 1834. The investment in the Food Halls is inspired by Harrods’ history and its continued commitment to the food industry in London and around the world. The Taste Revolution! consists of a two-year phased renovation. The first part of the transformation, The Roastery and Bake Hall, opened early November 2017, with three further stages launching in 2018 and 2019.
ABOUT WILLIAMS SONOMA
Since its founding by Chuck Williams in 1956, the Williams Sonoma brand has been bringing people together around food. A member of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM) portfolio of brands, Williams Sonoma is a leading specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home, providing world-class service and an engaging customer experience. Products include cookware, cooks’ tools, cutlery, electrics, bakeware, food, tabletop and bar, outdoor, cookbooks, as well as furniture, lighting and decorative accessories. Each store offers cooking classes and tastings conducted by expert culinary staff. A comprehensive gift registry program for weddings and other special events is available in stores and online. On williams-sonoma.com and the Williams Sonoma blog, Taste, customers can find recipes, tips, and techniques that help them create delicious meals and wonderful memories. Williams Sonoma is also part of an active community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube.