Launch of Fully-Redesigned Mobile Site, Plus New Desktop Features and Functionality, Make it Easier Than Ever for Gift-Givers to Share the Season
MEDFORD, Ore., Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Harry & David, part of the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands, today unveiled significant enhancements to its mobile and desktop channels. New features and added functionality reflect the brand's ongoing commitment to continually elevating the shopping experience and are being introduced just in time for the busiest gift-giving period of the year.
"We continue to prioritize investments in our digital channels to ensure we are always delivering the most seamless and convenient shopping experience for our loyal customers," said Steve Lightman, President, Harry & David. "Harry & David has long been an integral part of America's gift-giving tradition and these newest enhancements will make it easier than ever for shoppers to express, connect and celebrate this holiday season."
Significant updates to the digital shopping experience include:
Mobile Experience Enhancements
- Brand-New Mobile Site: Completely redesigned mobile website provides an elevated shopping experience for on-the-go customers, who currently account for nearly 50% of the brand's online traffic.
- Fastest Mobile Experience to Date: Upgrades in mobile optimization, including improved page speed, help deliver the brand's fastest mobile shopping experience ever.
- Touch-Friendly Navigation: Visual navigation, large "shop by price" buttons and streamlined department and category pages simplify the discovery process for shoppers.
- Easier Checkout: Enhancements to the mobile checkout process enable customers to shop using streamlined shipping and payment forms.
- Apple Business Chat: Shoppers can now utilize Apple Business Chat on their iOS devices to instantly chat with a gift concierge about a product, service, or question. With Messages, they can also easily transact using Apple Pay.
Desktop Experience Enhancements
- Redesigned Department and Category Shopping Pages: New full-width department and category shopping pages complement the look and feel of the homepage and are designed to vividly depict signature products, demonstrate the breadth of assortment and enable more comprehensive storytelling to consumers.
- Upgraded Site Search and Filtering Options: More robust search capabilities, including product recommendations and the ability to refine and filter search options based on popular product attributes, are designed to deliver a simplified discovery process.
- Revamped Checkout: A more intuitive desktop checkout experience allows shoppers to navigate the entire ordering process with ease, making the ability to send multiple gifts to multiple recipients in one order and one checkout effortless.
- Overhauled Product Detail Pages: Reorganized and streamlined product detail pages, including alternate views and more visible product images, make buying decisions easier.
Additional New Features and Functionality Across Mobile and Desktop:
- New Customer Service Portal: An easy-to-use online Customer Service Portal enables shoppers to view real-time updates on order status, apply modifications to their orders, and receive live chat support as needed.
- Gift List Updates: Customers can now access the popular Harry & David 'Gift List,' which offers easy reordering capabilities for gift recipients, with the simple use of a verification code, if preferred.
As customers enjoy the enhanced shopping experience at Harry & David this holiday season, they can also save on their gifting needs by becoming a member of the Celebrations Passport® loyalty program, which offers free standard shipping and no service charge for one full year on purchases made across the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. portfolio of brands.
About Harry & David®
Since 1934, Harry & David has been America's premier choice in gourmet food gifting. Headquartered in Southern Oregon, Harry & David owns and operates 20 different orchards, spread over 100 square miles, featuring fresh yearly crops of handpicked delicious fruit, including peaches, Bosc pears and the iconic Royal Riviera® pears. Harry & David offers a wide variety of options for everyday sharing and entertaining, including Moose Munch® premium popcorn, Wolferman's®, Cushman's® and Stock Yards® branded products. The brand also currently operates 40 year-round retail locations across the United States. Harry & David is part of the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harry--david-elevates-customer-experience-across-all-digital-channels-leading-into-the-holidays-300741740.html