Hemisphere Media Group, Inc. (HMTV) ("Hemisphere" or the "Company"), the only publicly traded pure-play U.S. media company targeting the high growth Spanish-language television and cable networks business in the U.S. and Latin America, plans to announce its first quarter 2017 financial results on Monday, May 8, 2017. The financial release will be posted on the Company’s Investor Relations website located at http://ir.hemispheretv.com/releases.cfm after the market close. The Company’s executives will host a conference call following the release at 4:30 PM Eastern Time.
A live broadcast of the conference call will be available online via the Company's Investor Relations website located at http://ir.hemispheretv.com/.
Alternatively, interested parties can access the conference call by dialing (877) 497-1436, or from outside the United States at (262) 558-6292, at least five minutes prior to the scheduled start time. The conference ID for the call is 11408327.
A replay of the call will be available beginning at approximately 7:30 PM Eastern Time on that same day by dialing (855) 859-2056, or from outside the United States by dialing (404) 537-3406. The conference ID for the replay is 11408327.
About Hemisphere Media Group, Inc.
Hemisphere Media Group, Inc. (HMTV) is the only publicly traded pure-play U.S. media company targeting the high growth U.S. Hispanic and Latin American markets with leading broadcast and cable television and digital content platforms. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Hemisphere owns and operates five leading U.S. Hispanic cable networks, two Latin American cable networks, and the leading broadcast television network in Puerto Rico, and has ownership interests in a new broadcast television network in Colombia and an OTT Spanish-language service in the U.S. Hemisphere’s portfolio consists of:
- Cinelatino, the leading Spanish-language movie channel with over 20 million subscribers across the U.S., Latin America and Canada, including 4.6 million subscribers in the U.S. and 15.4 million subscribers in Latin America, featuring the largest selection of contemporary Spanish-language blockbusters and critically-acclaimed titles from Mexico, Latin America, Spain and the Caribbean.
- WAPA, Puerto Rico’s leading broadcast television network with the highest primetime and full day ratings in Puerto Rico. Founded in 1954, WAPA produces approximately 70 hours per week of top-rated news and entertainment programming.
- WAPA America, the leading cable network targeting Puerto Ricans and other Caribbean Hispanics living in the U.S., featuring the highly-rated news and entertainment programming produced by WAPA. WAPA America is distributed in the U.S. to 5.3 million subscribers.
- Pasiones, dedicated to showcasing the most popular telenovelas and serialized dramas, distributed in the U.S. and Latin America. Pasiones has 4.6 million subscribers in the U.S. and 13.2 million subscribers in Latin America.
- Centroamerica TV, the leading network targeting Central Americans living in the U.S., the third-largest U.S. Hispanic group, featuring the most popular news, entertainment and soccer programming from Central America. Centroamerica TV is distributed in the U.S. to 4.1 million subscribers.
- Television Dominicana, the leading network targeting Dominicans living in the U.S., featuring the most popular news, entertainment and baseball programming from the Dominican Republic. Television Dominicana is distributed in the U.S. to 3.2 million subscribers.
- Canal Uno, a partnership with leading Colombian content producers, is one of only three national broadcast television licenses in Colombia. The partnership was awarded a 10-year renewable broadcast TV concession for Canal Uno in Colombia in 2016. The concession provides the partnership with a rare opportunity to access one of Latin America’s most robust and stable economies with an attractive television advertising market. It also provides Hemisphere the opportunity to produce high quality content which can be repurposed on HMTV’s channels and syndicated internationally. The partnership began operating the network on May 1, 2017.
- OTT Platform, a cross-platform Spanish-language digital subscription service that is well positioned to be the dominant player in the Spanish-language Digital/OTT space. The service will allow audiences to access many of the best and most current Spanish-language films and is expected to launch in 2017. It will include content from Hemisphere’s movie library, Pantelion’s U.S. theatrical titles, Lionsgate’s movie library, and Televisa’s theatrical releases in Mexico. The service will utilize STARZ’s technology platform and leverage Univision’s marketing and distribution.