Don't worry, though. The beta app works well and requires very little effort to use.
Here's what you need to do to claim your free 4.5 GB of Dropbox storage:
1. Head here to download the Beta version of Dropbox with a new "photo sync" feature that pulls photos from SD cards and smartphones.
2. Once Dropbox finishes downloading, close Dropbox if you have it open, then install the new version you just downloaded.
3. Launch the Dropbox app, unlock your iPhone to its home screen, then plug your iPhone into your computer. This also should work with SD cards and other smartphones, though we haven't tested it.
4. The new Dropbox app should prompt you to enable automatic photo import. Say Yes.
5. Let the new app works its magic. For every 500 MB of photos you import, you get another 500 MB of free Dropbox space (to a max of 4.5 GB). If you don't have 4.5 GB of photos on your smartphone or SD card, then you can't get the 4.5 GB of free space.
DON'T MISS: The Best Smartphones You Can Buy This Month
More From Business Insider