Ethan Miller/Getty Images
For the second year in a row, Toby Keith claims the No.1 spot on Forbes' list of The World's Highest Paid Country Musicians of 2014.
Forbes estimates the 53-year-old singer made a whopping $65 million this year, thanks to his " I Love This Bar And Grill restaurants, a multimillion-dollar endorsement deal with Ford, his own Wild Shot mescal, and the acts he signs to his Show Dog label."
Keith says of the other musicians on his label and brand synergy: “I can put them on that 30-city tour. I don’t have to look for a place to play. It’s cost-effective as crap,” he explained . “They’re in Toby’s house. They’re drinking Toby’s liquor. That’s Toby’s act. And then we’re moving to the next town.”
Keith's $65 million just beat out country's most famous face, Taylor Swift, who raked in an estimated $64 million this year .
Forbes explains, "Still only 24 years old, she fell just short of the top spot on this year’s list, but her $64 million total is the best of her young career, boosted by heavy touring and endorsements for Diet Coke, Keds and CoverGirl."
But Keith can be expected to reign supreme among all musical genres. In 2013's rankings , his $65 million slotted him at No. 4, behind Madonna ($125 million), Lady Gaga ($80 million) and Bon Jovi ($79 million).
Check out the top 5 highest-earning country stars below:
Read Forbes' full list here >
More From Business Insider
- Orlando Bloom Tried To Punch Justin Bieber Last Night During A Crazy Feud Over Their Famous Exes
- The Crazy Story Of How Ke$ha Broke Into Prince's House Before She Was Famous
- 25 Great Photos Of Actors Nerding Out At Comic-Con
- Peter Jackson Walked Through San Diego Comic-Con As A Jester And No One Recognized Him
- Jack Black Tried To Walk Through Comic-Con Unnoticed As A Stormtrooper And Failed Miserably