HHGregg has more than 200 stores scattered across 20 states, though of course you can also buy from the chain online. The , Indianapolis-based company usually has a lot of Black Friday TV deals, and this year is no exception—though the overall number is down from a year ago.
HHGregg stores are closed on Thanksgiving but open at 7 a.m. on Black Friday. You can start buying online just after midnight early Friday morning. Plus, there will also be some early doorbusters that you can shop now for as long as supplies last.
Here's our breakdown of the HHGregg Black Friday ad for TVs. In terms of brands/models and prices, it reminds us a lot of the Best Buy Black Friday ad.
Doorbuster TV Specials
• Samsung UN70KU6300 70-inch 4K smart TV, $1,300. You can get this TV for $1,300 right now at P.C. Richard & Son, and elsewhere for about $100 more. It's one of the popular KU6300-series models that are ubiquitous this time of year, in various screen sizes.
• Haier 65UF2505 65-inch 4K smart TV, $550. This is a great deal on a 4K set this size, though it is from a lesser-known TV brand. But we've seen this set for $500 to $600 at BJ's Wholesale Club and P.C. Richard & Son.
• LG 65UH6030 65-inch 4K smart UHD TV, $800. This TV was listed as a Best Buy Black Friday special at the same price, and it's also selling for that right now at Walmart. But HHGregg is throwing in a free Blu-ray player to sweeten the deal.
• Seiki SE60FYPIT 60-inch 1080p TV, $400. Another low price for 60-inch set, though this one is a 1080p model. We don't know anything about this set.
• Samsung UN55KU6290 55-inch 4K smart TV, $550. This TV usually sells for about $750 to $800. This appears to be a seasonal model that arrived just in time for Black Friday sales.
• LG 55UH6030 55-inch 4K smart UHD TV, $500. It's this price at BJ's right now, and is listed as one of Kohl's Black Friday sales at the same price. But like its bigger sibling mentioned above, you'll also get a free Blu-ray at HHGregg.
• ProScan PLDED5515A 55-inch 4K TV, $300. This TV usually sells for as much as $550, though you can buy it right now at HHGregg for $380.
• Samsung UN50KU6300 50-inch 4K smart TV, $400. This set sells now for $570 to $600. It's a model we tested—it did well—and it's in our TV ratings.
• Samsung UN50J5200 50-inch1080p smart TV, $350. It's another model we've tested, and it usually sells for about $430.
Here are some additional HHGregg Black Friday deals in other screen sizes:
• ProScan PLDED4018A 40-inch 1080p TV, $130. A very low price for a 40-inch set, though we don't know much about this brand and the TV isn't available elsewhere.
• Samsung UN40H5003 40-inch 1080p smart TV, $220. This set is usually $280.
The HHGregg Black Friday sale has deals on three Sony XBR-X850D sets. The largest is the 75-inch XBR-75X850D, which is priced at $2,450, down from usually about $3,000. The 65-inch Sony XBR-65X850D is $1,400, about $200 cheaper than usual; the 55-inch Sony XBR-55X850D model is $900, or $100 less than its price right now. The two smaller models, which are tested and in our TV ratings, are the same price in Best Buy's Black Friday ad.
The HHGregg Black Friday ad has two of LG's 2016 4K OLED TVs, both in its C6P series. (These sets are similar to the LG OLED B6C models, except they have flat rather than curved screens and no 3D.) Prices, though lower than they were earlier, are pretty much the regular selling prices for these sets right now. For example, the 65-inch LG OLED65C6P is $3,000, and the 55-inch LG OLED55C6P is $2,000. These TVs are at this price right now at Best Buy, Crutchfield, and P.C. Richard. These OLED sets are among the best TVs we tested this year.
Samsung’s KS8000 and KS8500 Sets
The HHGregg Black Friday ad also has a few models in Samsung's upper-tier SUHD TVs this year, which have HDR and quantum dots for a wider range of colors. The 65-inch Samsung UN65KS8000 is $1,500, the 60-inch Samsung UN60KS8000 is $1,200, and the 55-inch Samsung UN55KS8000 is $1,000. Again, these prices are within a few dollars of what's available at Best Buy this Black Friday.
There are two KS8500-series sets: The 65-inch Samsung UN65KS8500 is $1,600, and the 55-inch Samsung UN55KS8500 is $1,100. The main difference between the KS8000- and KS8500-series sets is that the latter has a curved rather than a flat screen.
Consumer Reports has no relationship with any advertisers on this website. Copyright © 2006-2016 Consumers Union of U.S.