Hillary Clinton: Big Business Is 'Disrupting Our Democracy'
“When I see women doing that, I think why are they publicly disrespecting themselves? Why are they opening the door to have someone say that about them in their workplace? In a community setting? Do they not see the connection there?” Clinton said in an interview on AM Joy.
She added that the fight against sexism is ongoing, even for women. She also pointed out that, while more women voted for her, she lost white women’s vote. However, she said progress was still made because she won more votes from white women than former President Barack Obama did.
“We had such a public and still an ongoing movement to expand civil rights. Again, I’m proud of the progress, but we still have a lot of problems we have to confront,” Clinton told Joy Reid during the interview.
More from Fortune.com
- 5 Ways Toymaker Mattel Wants to Be More Like Google
- Ivanka Trump Reveals Struggle With Postpartum Depression: 'A Very Challenging, Emotional Time'
- What You Should Know About Dolores Huerta, The Civil Rights Icon
- Loretta Lynch on the Values That Led to Her Success
- Madeleine Albright on Why Women Need to Speak Up in Meetings