REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 6, 2013) - Oracle (
To address the challenge of frequent downtime during peak periods and increasing cost in maintaining its legacy systems, Hong Kong Housing Society replaced its legacy systems with Oracle Business Process Management Suite, Oracle WebLogic Suite and Oracle Application Development Framework.
The Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions provide Hong Kong Housing Society with a flexible, reliable and cost-effective enterprise architecture that enables integration with existing Oracle applications including Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle's PeopleSoft. The cost savings and performance results clearly demonstrate significant benefits.
- Hong Kong Housing Society implemented Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) Suite, Oracle WebLogic Suite, and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) to strengthen its business process governance.
- The implementation of Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions took place in early 2012 and went live in April 2013.
- Six Facet Limited, Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), worked closely with Oracle and Hong Kong Housing Society to ensure smooth rollout of the new business processes. It also conducted end-user training and provided post-implementation support.
- Hong Kong Housing Society can respond to market needs quicker with the help of Oracle BPM Suite and Oracle WebLogic Suite. The solution reduced the time that Hong Kong Housing Society required to review and award housing contracts, process contract payments, and approve employee annual leave applications through web, mobile, and email functionalities.
- With Oracle BPM Suite, Hong Kong Housing Society now has better control over its expenditure and its budgets. The Society was able to enhance housing project expenditure record accuracy by quickly reflecting actual and committed expenditure through standardized and automated processes.
- Hong Kong Housing Society was able to strengthen governance by automating workflow processes, such as defining approval limits based on job titles and roles, and including dynamic out-of-office by-pass delegation and approval communication features.
- Oracle WebLogic Suite provided Hong Kong Housing Society with a reliable and stable enterprise platform that enables faster housing projects expenditure approval processes.
- Oracle ADF provided intuitive task flows that enable 1,000 end users, including process approvers across different divisions and sections within Hong Kong Housing Society, to easily use the automated approval system.
- Hong Kong Housing Society standardized and automated 12 procure-to-pay approval processes to strengthen internal governance for housing projects with the help of Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions.
- Oracle BPM Suite includes user-friendly modeling and optimization tools, tools for system integration, business activity monitoring dashboards, and rich task and case management capabilities for end users. It ensures faster time-to-value, business-IT collaboration and reduced total cost of ownership. Processes from simple to very sophisticated can be easily designed, deployed, and managed.
- Oracle WebLogic Suite is an integrated solution for building on-premise cloud infrastructure that can span web server, application server, and data grid technology tiers.
- Oracle ADF is an end-to-end development framework, built on top of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition, offering unparalleled productivity to application developers. The framework provides integrated infrastructure solutions for the various layers of the application and an easy way to develop on top of them.
- Mr. C.W. Miao, Head of Information Technology, Hong Kong Housing Society, said, "We selected Oracle Fusion Middleware over legacy business process solutions for its superior local support, higher performance, availability, reliability, and flexible enterprise architecture to cost-effectively integrate with existing Oracle applications such as Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle's PeopleSoft. We automated our business activities, reduced approval process time by 30%, strengthened internal financial control, and greatly reduce our operational cost by 25%."
- Sylvia Lee, Managing Director of Oracle Hong Kong, said, "We're delighted to support Hong Kong Housing Society for its innovation and efficiency improvement. Oracle Fusion Middleware's architecture allows Hong Kong Housing Society to make the most of their investments in applications and technology, while also taking advantage of Oracle's advanced technology and best practice. With our Fusion Middleware solutions, we're able to maximize Hong Kong Housing Society's efficiency in both IT and business processes to give them the agility to adapt and innovate."
- Oracle Business Process Management Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Suite
- Oracle Application Development Framework
- Oracle Hong Kong Facebook page
About Hong Kong Housing Authority
Hong Kong Housing Society (HKHS) is a non-government organization aiming to serve the needs of the Hong Kong community in hosing and related service. HKHS has been a dedicated housing provider in constantly identifying the housing needs of different community sectors and developing housing options to meet their requirements. Since its inception, HKHS has built approximately 67,000 units under different housing models, including rental housing estates, rural public housing, urban improvement, and senior citizen residences. For more, visit www.hkhs.com.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.