SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 19, 2014) -
Core News Facts:
- The biggest shopping day of the year is quickly approaching, and HotelTonight is offering great last-minute room deals so you can shop 'til you drop in a hotel bed this holiday season.
- To celebrate its recent move to allow bookings up to 7 days in advance, HotelTonight will be offering $7 hotel rooms on Black Friday, starting at 7AM local time, until they sell out. But don't worry if you miss the $7 sale -- HotelTonight will have great rooms starting at just $70 throughout the weekend, including Cyber Monday. It's a Black Friday deal without blackout dates!
- HotelTonight's Black Friday room deals can be found in close to 50 destinations in the US and UK (look out for the hotels marked "Black Friday Blowout"). Most participating hotels are conveniently located near major malls and outlets like the Galleria Dallas, the Magnificent Mile and the Mall of America, so guests can kick off the holiday shopping season in style and comfort.
- Black Friday bookers can nab a hotel room near a major shopping center (for a power nap between shopping sessions or to store their bags), order room service (when they're sick of eating 2-day-old-turkey) and use the hotel's speedy WiFi to take advantage of the weekend's great online sales (no more braving Mom & Dad's super slow dial-up).
- HotelTonight will also be featuring holiday-themed "Playlists" all weekend long. These HT-curated lists will highlight hotels with rooms at exceptionally great prices near holiday attractions and/or great shopping areas - find them on the app in destinations nationwide.
- HotelTonight also today shared its third annual "HT Travel Report." This forecast predicts holiday hotel trends, the best places to find a deal and more. Based on historical and predictive hotel booking data, HotelTonight found the following:
- Hotel prices start to decline the second week of November and continue to decrease until the beginning of December, when rates start to pick back up.
- With rates well below average, Thanksgiving week is a great time to stay in a hotel. Consider spending Thanksgiving Day itself in a hotel (with room service!), as rates are cheaper than any other Thursday in the month. And make sure to check out the HT app on Black Friday for doorbuster deals.
- Expect to see the cheapest hotel rates on Sundays throughout the holiday season. Thursdays and Fridays are the next best days to book (and save!).
- Most major cities are offering great hotel pricing the weekend before Christmas. Get your last-minute shopping done while scoring a great deal on a last-minute room, too.
- Demand for flights and hotels is low during the week between Christmas and New Year's, so it's actually quite cheap to travel. Rates will pick up again on New Year's Eve.
- Book last-minute and save with HotelTonight this holiday season! Download the app for free on iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone and Tablet, and any Android device here: www.hoteltonight.com/now.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Book rooms on HotelTonight for tonight or up to a week out, with over 15,000 hotels in over 500 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are hand-picked by the HotelTonight team, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Browse themed hotel "Playlists" with recommendations for weekend getaways and event-specific travel to inspire future adventures.
Founded in 2010, HotelTonight is a mobile app for booking hand-selected hotels at great prices, from tonight to up to 7 days in advance. HotelTonight helps consumers plan less and live more, by offering incredible convenience and amazing value at hotels vetted by the HT team. For hotels, HotelTonight is a strategic partner for filling rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in more than 500 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California, HotelTonight is backed by top venture firms including Coatue Management, GGV Capital, U.S. Venture Partners, Accel Partners, Battery Ventures and First Round Capital and leading travel-industry pioneers. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.