FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Stacey Corso
While metros on both sides of the country are heavy hitters, `teams` on the West Coast continue to hit it out of the park, a new survey by ZipRealty reports.
EMERYVILLE, Calif., July 15, 2014 - ZipRealty, Inc. (http://www.ziprealty.com) (ZIPR), a leading online residential real estate brokerage and provider of technology and marketing solutions, has analyzed the performance of 10 housing markets nationwide to see how they stack up off the field. ZipRealty surveyed real estate market conditions among rival `teams` in Baltimore, Washington, DC, Chicago, Los Angeles County, Orange County, New York City, Long Island, Westchester County, San Francisco and Oakland, Calif.
"Baseball rivalries are heating up this time of year, so we wanted to see how these areas of the country - with major league teams representing the National League and American League - compare," said Lanny Baker, CEO of ZipRealty. "But no matter where your allegiance lies, scoring a new home is easy when you search on our real estate apps and website. These tools, along with the guidance of a real estate agent, can give you a jump on the competition, especially in such high-velocity housing markets."
Metro areas with the highest median home sales prices, or biggest hitters, are mostly on the West Coast, according to data collected through May 31 by ZipRealty. Here`s how the biggest hitters stack up:
- San Francisco home price: $1 million
- Orange County home price: $550,000
- The Bronx, N.Y./Westchester County, N.Y. home price: $485,000
- Oakland, Calif. home price: $448,725
- Los Angeles County home price: $445,000
- Queens, N.Y./Nassau County home price: $415,000
- Washington, D.C. home price: $363,500
- Chicago`s North Side home price:$266,750
- Baltimore home price: $235,000
- Chicago`s South side home price: $55,000
Areas with the best batting averages or biggest year-over-year growth in median home sales prices as of May 31 are:
- Oakland, Calif. home price growth: 25%
- Chicago`s South Side home price growth: 22%
- San Francisco home price growth: 20%
- Chicago`s North Side and Los Angeles County home price growth: 16%
- The Bronx, N.Y./Westchester County, N.Y. home price growth: 12%
- Orange County home price growth: 10%
- Queens, N.Y./Nassau County N.Y. home price growth: 6%
- Washington, D.C. home price growth: 4%
- Baltimore home price growth: 1%
Metros with the lowest days on market or the lowest Earned Run Averages (ERAs) include:
- Oakland, Calif.: 16 days
- Washington, DC: 19 days
- Chicago`s North Side: 25 days
- Los Angeles County and Orange County: 27 days
- San Francisco: 31 days
- Baltimore: 44 days
- Chicago`s South Side: 48 days
- Queens, N.Y./Nassau County, N.Y.: 83 days
- The Bronx, N.Y./Westchester County, N.Y.: 125 days
For more information, check out ZipRealty`s latest all-star housing market blog.
About ZipRealty, Inc.
ZipRealty is a leading national real estate brokerage and provider of proprietary technology and comprehensive online marketing tools for the residential real estate brokerage industry. For home buyers and sellers who increasingly want control, choice and a seamless, customized service, ZipRealty offers Internet-enabled, state-of-the-art technology and complete access to accurate, timely information via its website and mobile applications, which real estate professionals can combine with their own local knowledge and personal expertise to offer an exceptional start-to-finish client experience. For real estate professionals who seek more productive ways to conduct business, ZipRealty provides technology and online marketing tools to enhance their online sales channel, including lead generation, conversion and service of their clients. ZipRealty`s technology and online marketing products serve its full-service, owned-and-operated residential real estate brokerage business in 19 markets nationwide, as well as its Powered by Zip (PbZ) network of leading third-party local brokerages in 21 markets.
This announcement is distributed by NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions on behalf of NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: ZipRealty via GlobeNewswire