PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 6, 2012) - HP (
Mobile, social and web-based applications allow organizations to expand and innovate. However, these applications are difficult to build while also maintaining the same quality standards associated with traditional enterprise solutions. In addition, application delivery teams are challenged to continuously provide new solutions that drive competitive differentiation.
The enhanced HP Functional Testing software suite helps IT organizations update application development and testing processes to deliver applications, such as mobile and cloud, with high-quality results. The software solutions accelerate the adoption of test automation and continuous integration, and foster collaboration between key stakeholders across the application life cycle. As a result, clients can rapidly deliver new and enhanced applications that drive innovation -- without sacrificing quality.
New enhancements to the HP Functional Testing software suite enable clients to:
- Quickly respond to changing business needs by automating functional testing earlier in the life cycle and simplifying testing with an enhanced user experience with HP UFT 11.5;
- Accelerate time-to-market for mobile applications with HP UFT Mobile, which automates application functional testing on mobile devices via public and private cloud testing environments; and
- Increase employee productivity with HP Sprinter 11.5, which provides automation of laborious testing tasks with one-click conversions.
"Organizations cannot sacrifice application quality for speed," said Subbu Iyer, vice president, Applications Automation Management, Software, HP. "The new HP Functional Testing software suite provides clients with test automation tools that accelerate the continuous delivery of modern and innovative applications, while maintaining the highest quality available today."
Test more, test faster, test continuously
To support innovative, new development technologies and evolving business needs, HP UFT 11.5 offers an enhanced platform for creating end-to-end automated functional tests. Supported by a simplified and modern user experience, it:
- Spurs business growth by delivering higher-quality composite applications through test automation support for both graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and application programming interfaces (APIs) in one updated visual user experience;
- Reduces complexity and labor costs with automated testing integration -- including HP Sprinter manual test creation -- and push-button manual-to-automated script conversion; and
- Speeds the pace of innovation with cutting-edge development technologies and tools, through the patented HP UFT Insight object recognition feature that automatically recognizes applications, irrespective of implementation technology.
"Providing doctors and patients access to critical and accurate healthcare information is essential to delivering quality patient care," said Chris Trimper, lead automation analyst, Enterprise QA, Independent Health. "HP UFT 11.5 will enable us to rapidly test and deliver quality business applications that provide our members access to the right information whenever they need it, whether for a medical claim or to find a doctor."
Manage quality throughout the mobile application lifecycle
HP UFT Mobile extends the functional testing capabilities of HP UFT to mobile devices. Clients can rapidly test mobile applications in new public and private cloud testing environments, on a wide array of mobile operating systems including Google's Android™ and Apple's iOS without the expense of setting up a mobile device lab. This simplifies testing in the mobile application life cycle to meet the demands of an anytime, anywhere mobile world.
Empower the tester to innovate
Designed to drive optimal efficiency in manual testing, HP Sprinter 11.5 software frees application test teams from repetitive tasks and advances exploratory testing. Client benefits include:
- Increased employee productivity with the new integrated test-authoring feature and scanners that capture spelling errors along with localization and compliance issues;
- Improved time savings by reusing manual testing efforts through integrations with HP BPT that accelerate framework adoption; and
- Reduced costs by protecting existing test investments with one-click manual to automated test conversions.
Additional information will be provided at HP's "What's new in the HP Functional Testing 11.5 suite: Advance modern application testing" webcast on Nov. 28 at 7 a.m. ET.
Enhance collaboration with integration into the application life cycle
The new HP enhanced functional testing suite fully integrates with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), the company's leading application life cycle management platform. As a result, clients have a single software platform to collaborate, manage and rapidly deliver applications with measurable business results.
The HP Functional Testing Suite is a key component of the HP IT Performance Suite, the next-generation enterprise performance software platform that enables IT management to improve performance with operational intelligence.
- Read more on the Application Lifecycle Management and Application Transformation Blog.
- Join HP Software on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow HP Software ALM on Twitter.
HP's premier Europe, Middle East and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.