PALO ALTO, CA and PHILADELPHIA, PA--(Marketwired - Sep 29, 2014) - HP (
The HP Officejet 8040 with Neat e-All-in-One provides all the features of an HP e-All-in-One printer with the added functionality of Neat software to digitize, organize, store and access files from virtually anywhere, on most mobile devices.(1)
Combined with Neat software, the HP Officejet 8040 lets customers easily capture and organize receipts, business cards and other documents and unlock the critical information in those files. Files are safeguarded and data is keyword searchable and can be easily exported to applications such as Excel, Quicken and TurboTax. In addition to helping customers stay productive and keep documents secure, the HP Officejet 8040 is eligible for HP Instant Ink, HP's ink replacement service that saves customers up to 50 percent on Original HP ink(2) and saves them valuable time by delivering the ink to their door before they need it.
"Our customers have told us they want to be able to work at home and on-the-go as efficiently and cost effectively as they do at the office," said Manel Martinez, vice president, Experience Design and Marketing, Inkjet Printing Solutions, HP. "The HP Officejet 8040 and Neat software help streamline the home office, removing clutter and maximizing productivity. When customers add the cost savings and convenience of HP Instant Ink, they have a robust printing system that delivers affordable office-like performance at home."
"The HP Officejet 8040 gives those who own or manage small businesses what they need most -- time," said Ron Kaiser, chief executive officer, Neat. "Not only does it deliver superb copy, print and scan functions, but with Neat built in, hours of extra work can be cut out. Handle an invoice, receipt or contact one time, and it becomes easily available exactly when you need to put it to use. The announcement of this alliance between HP and Neat represents the combined commitment to providing our customers with 'a best of both worlds' hardware and software solution."
Improving mobile printing and office productivity
The HP Officejet 8040 with Neat e-All-in-One offers HP's wide range of mobile solutions -- from simple mobile setup to printing from smartphones and tablets. Now HP offers in-OS printing, the easiest way to print from a mobile device.(3) Users simply select a file, choose a printer and hit print. The Officejet 8040 also lets users manage the printer from a smartphone or tablet with the All-in-One printer remote.(4)
The HP Officejet with Neat e-All-in-One is the first HP printer to include a 1TB local hard disk to safeguard files and documents for peace of mind.
Pricing and availability(5)
- The HP Officejet 8040 with Neat e-All-in-One Printer is available in the United States for a starting price of $399.
- HP Instant Ink is currently available in the United States and United Kingdom, and is expected to be expanded to additional countries this year.
Neat is the leading provider of Smart Organization Systems for the small business and home markets. Neat's unique combination of cloud, mobile, desktop software and hardware scanning solutions transform important documents into usable digital information. Neat helps users organize, access and share both paper and digital documents simplifying everyday tasks and facilitating information workflows so they have more time to get to what matters.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Requires Neat account setup, printer registration, hpconnected.com account, internet connection and Neat mobile app download. Three-year Neat cloud service for HP subscription included with up to 45 pages of OCR searchable scans per month. Service fees with Neat may apply after expiration. Compatible with Apple® iPhone®, iPad®, iPod® and most Android™ OS-based mobile devices. Details are available at hp.com/go/officejet8040.
(2) Savings claim is based on HP Instant Ink Service plan price for 12 months using all pages in plan without purchase of additional pages compared to the cost per page ("CPP") of the majority of color inkjet printers < $399, market share reported by IDC Q3 2013. CPP comparisons for standard-capacity inkjet supplies are based on estimated street price and page yield as reported by Gap Intelligence MFP Weekly and IJP Weekly Reports Q3 2013. Actual savings may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed.
(3) In comparison to the majority of consumer/home office inkjet and All in One printers < $399 USD as of April 2014 based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q4 2013. App download required for printer setup. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Additional details are available at hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
(4) Requires HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app download and is compatible with iPhone 4 and later, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air™, iPod and mobile devices using Android 4.0.3 or later. Printer and mobile device must be on the same local wireless network with Internet access. A full list of supported operating systems is available at hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
(5) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft Group of companies. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. iPod is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don't steal music.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.