PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 30, 2012) - HP (
The HP RP7 Retail System, model 7100, is a new fanless version of the RP7 All-in-One that is designed for the harsh hospitality environment yet retains a sleek, elegant design.
The HP RP3 is a compact and versatile retail system that allows many options for multiple store environments. Despite its small footprint, the HP RP3 does not compromise on the connectivity and reliability features that retailers of all sizes depend on.
"Retailers require highly reliable systems that can withstand the demands of a variety of environments," said Ray Carlin, general manager and vice president, Retail Solutions, HP. "With these new offerings, HP is broadening our portfolio to meet the unique needs of our customers."
Key features of the HP RP7 Model 7100 include:
- A fanless design that resists splashes, smoke and dust, offering enhanced reliability.
- Display-size and touch-technology options as well as optional integrated peripherals.
- Versatile mounting configurations support countertop or wall.
- Reduced cooling and energy costs with the energy-efficient Energy Star® qualified and EPEAT® Gold registered design that delivers extremely low power consumption.
- Options for adding the HP RP7 10.4-inch customer-facing display (CFD) for additional advertising opportunities or the HP RP7 vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) customer display for a wider viewing area, offering easy-to-read price and product information.
The HP RP3 Retail System provides the reliability and connectivity features that meet the POS needs of retailers of all sizes.
Key features of the HP RP3 include:
- Compact design to maximize space.
- Connection to legacy and newer-generation retail peripherals with a wide range of serial and USB ports.
- Integrated wireless or wired LAN deliver network connectivity for supporting online customer transactions, inventory checks and back-office activities.
- Designed to operate in an ambient 40°C environment for longer run time with no external cooling.
- Reduced cooling and energy costs with the energy-efficient Energy Star qualified and EPEAT Gold registered design that delivers extremely low power consumption.
Pricing and availability
The HP RP7 Retail System, Model 7100 and the HP RP3 Retail system, Model 3100 will be available in Asia Pacific and Japan, including China in December, 2012. It will be available in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in December, 2012, and in North America in January, 2013.
Both come with a HP Standard three-year limited warranty. HP offers a variety of Care Pack Services to extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.