NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Mar 10, 2015) - HP (
Today's announcement represents our most significant laser printing re-engineering since the introduction of the first LaserJet in 1984.
"Business customers are looking for smart, affordable solutions that seamlessly integrate into today's smaller, more communal work spaces," said Tuan Tran, vice president and general manager, LaserJet Hardware and Technology organization, HP. "We started with the customer and designed the new LaserJet platform from the inside out to be leaner, faster and smarter than ever before to help meet the demands of the modern office."
More Pages, More Performance, More Protection
Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence deliver up to 33 percent more professional-quality prints, 2 peak printing performance, and protection against counterfeits with innovative anti-fraud technology.
With its durable shell and soft core, ColorSphere 3 toner offers consistently glossy, professional-quality results and is specifically designed to keep up with the high-speed performance of HP LaserJet printers and MFPs. Despite having a more durable shell, the new toner's soft core melts at a much lower temperature requiring far less heat to melt. The result is higher page yields from a more compact and energy-efficient printer.
The toner cartridge has been re-engineered to work smarter than ever before, delivering more pages with fewer interventions. Page maximizer technology delivers more pages per cartridge than previous generations with less internal wear. In addition, print gauge technology intelligently predicts toner levels, helping IT managers get the most out of each toner cartridge.
With anti-fraud technology built into every JetIntelligence toner cartridge customers have more protection that easily identifies counterfeit cartridges and enforces customer-initiated anti-theft and office-wide printing policies to manage cost and quality standards. HP also makes cartridge installation easier than ever with the new auto seal removal.
New HP JetAdvantage Private Print3 helps prevent unauthorized access to confidential print jobs and reduces waste from misprinted jobs. Each print job is securely stored in the cloud until the user authenticates and claims the job from the printer. HP JetAdvantage Private Print also features support for HP Common Card Reader for fast authentication, as well as a mobile app available on iOS and Android devices to manage and print from tablets and smartphones for added convenience.
Leaner, Faster, Smarter - the New HP Color LaserJets
New HP LaserJet printers and MFPs feature a smaller footprint, easier set up and installation as well as up to 40 percent faster printing from sleep versus competitors.1 New products include:
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 series is compact and energy efficient. Up to 33 percent smaller than competitive devices, the new series is built to meet the needs of a small workgroup, streamlining workflow with mobile printing options and fastest first page out in its class. 1
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 series is the smallest laser MFP and offers the fastest 2-sided printing in its class, 1 enabling a growing team to speed through tasks with a range of productivity and workflow features.
- The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M552 and M553 series is ideal for larger workgroups of five to 15 users printing up to 6,000 pages per month. Helping save IT managers time and money, the series prints at high speed while achieving the lowest total energy consumption and fastest double-sided printing speeds in its class.1 They are also the first to include Google Cloud Print 2.0 supporting Google's new local printing standard for Chromebooks and Chrome OS applications.
Additional information about Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence and the new HP LaserJets is available at http://www.magicbulletmedia.com/MNR/HPNewLaserJets and www.hp.com/go/NewLaserJets.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Based on HP internal testing of predecessor devices completed 1/2015 or published information and subject to device settings. Actual results may vary. Faster refers to First Page Out Time (FPOT). For energy efficiency, the HP M252 is 15%, HP M277 is 16% and the HP M553 is 53% lower versus predecessor. For details see hp.com/go/LJclaims
(2) Based on cartridge yields for HP 131A and 507A compared with HP 201X and 508X Original HP toner cartridges. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(3) HP JetAdvantage Private Print is available only in North America and select European countries on many HP printers and MFPs. Feature is available at no charge and requires the printer be connected to the Internet with web services enabled. Card reader is available for separate purchase for selected HP devices with touchscreens. For more information and device compatibility details, see hpjetadvantage.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.