ATLANTA, April 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- OneTrust, the leading enterprise privacy management software solution used by over 1,000 organizations to comply with global privacy regulations including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), together with International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the world's largest association of privacy professionals, announces the availability of a free Data Mapping Automation tool for IAPP members.
The IAPP-OneTrust Data Mapping Automation tool enables privacy teams to collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to systematically inventory and update personal data flows, applications, and processing activities. The tool helps organizations meet the record keeping obligations of Article 30 in GDPR, and other privacy frameworks, by enabling privacy professionals to:
- Select a pre-defined template, for example a GDPR Article 30 template
- Customize the template to add or remove attributes, data elements, categories of data subjects, terminology, and other values based on unique business requirements
- Populate the data flow inventory via a number of hybrid approaches such as questionnaires, scanning, workshops, or bulk import
- Generate visual data maps automatically and dynamically based on the underlying data that has been populated in the inventory
- Keep it up to date with an included PIA module to capture data flows from new projects being reviewed, auditing, and ongoing scan results
"Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of the data you have and how it flows through your organization is a vital part of privacy program management. Especially with the record keeping obligations in the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation, organizations should be able to document and analyze their data flows," said IAPP President and CEO J. Trevor Hughes, CIPP. "They need tools that create automation and efficiencies to help them incorporate all their organizational stakeholders in the process of generating the records, identifying gaps, and to creating organizational awareness."
The new Data Mapping Automation tool is integrated into the comprehensive IAPP-OneTrust platform already offered to IAPP members at no cost. By registering for the new tool, IAPP members get access to the full suite of IAPP and OneTrust products, including:
- PIA & DPIA Automation
- GDPR, BCR, and Privacy Shield Readiness Kit
- Website Scanning and Cookie Compliance
- Data Mapping Automation
"The data mapping automation capabilities in the OneTrust privacy management software platform have been purpose-built to address the unique needs of privacy professionals and GDPR," said OneTrust CEO Kabir Barday, CIPP/E/US, CIPM, CIPT. "The underlying technology of the solution is currently used across thousands of websites with millions of impressions. OneTrust is pleased to announce a version of this proven technology is available to IAPP members at no cost. The integration of the data mapping automation tool into the existing PIA and website scanning tools allows IAPP privacy professionals to have a more automated, efficient, and simple approach to keeping data flow records up to date. Our collaboration with the IAPP and commitment to ongoing innovation continues to make OneTrust the leading, fastest growing, and most comprehensive privacy management software platform on the market."
Pre-register for the free IAPP-OneTrust Data Mapping Automation tool here: OneTrust.com/IAPP
OneTrust CEO Kabir Barday will be moderating a panel on "PIAs & Data Mapping: Operationalizing GDPR and Privacy by Design" with the Group Chief Privacy Officer of Allianz, and the Chief Privacy Officer of HP Inc. at the IAPP Global Summit in Washington, DC on April 19th.
Additional resources available to organizations:
- IAPP-OneTrust Webinar on "Data Mapping and Article 30: How to Scale in Practice." Watch Recording
- OneTrust e-Book "The Ultimate Data Mapping Handbook." Download Here
- OneTrust SmartPrivacy global workshop series with 20 worldwide locations. Register Now
- IAPP members have access to OneTrust's globally available support team as well as training webinars, jointly hosted by IAPP and OneTrust.
OneTrust is the leading and fastest growing privacy management software platform used by over 1,000 organizations globally to demonstrate accountability and compliance with data privacy regulations across sectors and jurisdictions, including the EU GDPR and Privacy Shield.
OneTrust's technology platform can be deployed either on premises or in the cloud making it the most flexible and scalable solution for privacy management in support of the following initiatives:
- GDPR Accountability and Privacy by Design
- Assessment Automation (PIA / DPIA)
- Data Mapping Automation (Questionnaires & Scanning Based)
- Website Scanning and EU Cookie Compliance
- Subject Access Request Management
- Consent Management
- Vendor Risk Management
- Incident Reporting
OneTrust offerings power many of the online tools the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the world's largest association of privacy professionals, offer to more than 25,000 members across 83 countries.
OneTrust can be found globally in London, Atlanta, Paris, Munich, and Bangalore.
OneTrust is backed by the founders of Manhattan Associates (MANH) and AirWatch ($1.54B acq. by VMware).
Find us online at www.onetrust.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/iapp-announces-data-mapping-automation-tool-powered-by-onetrust-300440854.html