WESTBROOK, Maine, Jan. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXX), a global leader in veterinary diagnostics, veterinary practice software and water microbiology testing, today announced organizational changes to its global Companion Animal Group ("CAG") business aligned with leveraging best practices and execution capabilities to support global market development and sustained double-digit revenue growth.
The following leadership changes in the Company's global CAG commercial organization will enhance its global CAG commercial efforts and foster greater integration and efficiencies across regions:
- James Polewaczyk, who has led the Company's North America Commercial Operations since its go-direct initiative in 2014, has been promoted to Chief Commercial Officer and Executive Vice President and will now oversee CAG Commercial Operations globally.
- Kathy Turner, who has led the Company's Commercial Operations for CAG in Europe and Asia since May 2014, has been appointed Chief Marketing Officer. In this new role, Ms. Turner will be responsible for the Company's commercial marketing efforts worldwide, including global medical affairs and global marketing centers of excellence.
- Dr. Michael Erickson, who has led IDEXX's Veterinary Software and Services line of business since joining the Company in 2011, assumed responsibility for IDEXX's North America Corporate Accounts in 2019 and will now lead Global Corporate Accounts to support these strategic partners on an increasingly global basis.
In addition, IDEXX is making the following organizational changes in its CAG lines of business:
- Dr. Tina Hunt, who has a proven leadership track record of almost 15 years at IDEXX, has been promoted to Executive Vice President. Dr. Hunt will retain global responsibility for IDEXX's in-clinic companion animal diagnostics portfolio and will also take on responsibility for IDEXX's worldwide operations.
- Michael Lane, with over two decades of leadership contributions to IDEXX, has been promoted to Executive Vice President, with continued accountability for IDEXX's Global Reference Laboratories, while additionally taking on responsibility for IDEXX's worldwide information technology organization.
Under the enhanced organizational structure, which is effective immediately, the leadership team will continue to report to Jay Mazelsky, President and Chief Executive Officer.
"I am pleased to announce these well-deserved promotions and important changes to our leadership structure, which enhance our global integration efforts and execution capabilities across our CAG portfolio," said Jay Mazelsky, President and Chief Executive Officer of IDEXX Laboratories.
"We have a deep and talented leadership team at IDEXX, and with our enhanced organizational structure, we are confident that IDEXX is well-positioned to drive continued market development and further adoption of diagnostics. We see tremendous opportunity for growth with a global addressable companion animal diagnostics market opportunity of over $30 billion, supported by the continued strengthening of the pet-owner bond, favorable demographic trends and improving standard of care. We remain committed to providing exceptional service to our customers while helping to advance the standard of care for pets as we continue in our mission to create exceptional long-term value for our customers, employees and shareholders."
For more information about the IDEXX leadership team, go to: www.idexx.com/corporate/corporate-governance.html
About IDEXX Laboratories
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a member of the S&P 500® Index and is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX employs more than 8,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries. For more information about IDEXX, visit: www.idexx.com
Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains or may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "expects," "may," "anticipates," "intends," "would," "will," "plans," "believes," "estimates," "should," "project," and similar words and expressions. These forward-looking statements are intended to provide our current expectation or forecasts of future events; are based on current estimates, projections, beliefs, and assumptions; and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual events or results may differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements, as well as a number of assumptions concerning future events. These statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other important factors. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such forward-looking statements because actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied. The reports filed by IDEXX pursuant to United States securities laws contain discussions of these risks and uncertainties. IDEXX assumes no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any obligation to, update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Readers are advised to review IDEXX's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (which are available from the SEC's EDGAR database at www.sec.gov and via IDEXX's website at www.idexx.com).
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/idexx-laboratories-announces-senior-leadership-changes-in-support-of-global-companion-animal-group-growth-300987165.html
SOURCE IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.