LONDON, Nov. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology PLC ("IGT") (IGT) will showcase what's next in creating a seamless and connected experience for lottery players in its booth themed "Future of Connected Play" at the World Lottery Summit 2018 (WLS), Nov. 18-22, at the Hotel Hilton Buenos Aires.
"Visitors to the IGT booth are invited to explore a series of environments and learn how lottery players can connect across gaming verticals and channels. You will see ideas and solutions to evolve the play experience in each location," said Declan Harkin, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Lottery, International. "Our immersive experience reflects IGT's Customer First approach and investment in future-focused research, platforms and content to help lotteries offer seamless play and open a dialogue with new player demographics."
IGT will present a vision of convenient, fun, and secure lottery play in four settings:
- At Home - The shoppable home makes lottery play quick and convenient through the player's preferred interface, with conversational commerce solutions leveraging voice-recognition devices and platforms, solutions to buy online and receive home delivery or digital tickets, and fast & convenient player-registration.
- In Social Environments - Experience how easy it can be for consumers to select games, change devices, and enjoy an extended play experience via VLT and mobile.
- On the Go - Wherever they are and whatever they're doing, players can connect with their favorite games. Solutions incorporate chatbot technology and multi-game-play experiences that continue seamlessly from land-based to mobile.
- In-Store - The future of connected play includes a new IGT retail solution that is cashless and paperless, completely digitizing the player experience at retail, and a personalized shopper experience using digital signage based on data-driven insights.
In addition, the WLS 2018 program will feature the following IGT executives:
- Paul Riley, Vice President, Innovation and Lottery Transformation, will speak on the topics of Innovation and Connected Play during the Platinum Contributor Presentation on Monday, November 19, from 12:30 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. in Ballroom Pacifico B of the Hotel Hilton Buenos Aires.
- Wendy Montgomery, Senior Vice President, Global Lottery Marketing, will participate in the Platinum Contributor Session on Tuesday, November 20, from 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in Ballroom Pacifico B of the Hotel Hilton Buenos Aires.
Find IGT at Booth P3 for a closer look at ideas, products, and services to transform play and fuel lottery growth.
For more information, visit IGT.com or go to facebook.com/IGTLottery.
IGT (IGT) is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Digital and Social Gaming. Leveraging a wealth of premium content, substantial investment in innovation, in-depth customer intelligence, operational expertise and leading-edge technology, our gaming solutions anticipate the demands of consumers wherever they decide to play. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has more than 12,000 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain forward-looking statements (including within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) concerning International Game Technology PLC and its consolidated subsidiaries (the "Company") and other matters. These statements may discuss goals, intentions, and expectations as to future plans, trends, events, dividends, results of operations, or financial condition, or otherwise, based on current beliefs of the management of the Company as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, such management. Forward-looking statements may be accompanied by words such as "aim," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "could," "would," "should," "shall," "continue," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "future," "guidance," "intend," "may," "will," "possible," "potential," "predict," "project" or the negative or other variations of them. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which such statements are made and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are outside the Company's control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any of the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially from those predicted in the forward-looking statements and from past results, performance, or achievements. Therefore, you should not place undue reliance on such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include (but are not limited to) the factors and risks described in the Company's annual report on Form 20-F for the financial year ended December 31, 2017 and other documents filed from time to time with the SEC, which are available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov and on the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.IGT.com. Except as required under applicable law, the Company does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements. You should carefully consider these factors and other risks and uncertainties that affect the Company's business. Nothing in this news release is intended, or is to be construed, as a profit forecast or to be interpreted to mean that financial performance of the Company for the current or any future financial years will necessarily match or exceed the historical published financial performance of the Company, as applicable. All forward-looking statements contained in this news release are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. All subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements attributable to International Game Technology PLC, or persons acting on its behalf, are expressly qualified in its entirety by this cautionary statement.
Robert K. Vincent, Corporate Communications, (401) 392-7452
James Hurley, Investor Relations, (401) 392-7190
Simone Cantagallo, (+39) 06 51899030; for Italian media inquiries
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/igt-showcases-the-future-of-connected-play-at-the-world-lottery-summit-2018-in-buenos-aires-argentina-300747729.html