Like most of my friends who grew up in a black household, learning how to properly moisturize your body is a rite of passage. I wouldn’t be caught with “dry, ashy” skin outside of my home or I’d get scolded by my mama and teased by kids in school. To this day, no matter how crunched I am for time, I make sure the first thing I do after showering is to put on a combination of body oils and butters.
My complexion is always glowing because of the skin-care practice that has been engrained in me since I was a child. However, I’ve ruined countless blouses, skirts, and dresses with grease stains from body oil. I was seriously considering scaling back on using this product until I received a sample of the new Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Nourishing Dry Body Oil.
Kiehl’s has established a cult following thanks to its classic Creme de Corps. The rich, yellow-hued moisturizer helps to stave off dryness and leaves behind a healthy-looking sheen. And now the brand has figured out a way to bottle up all that hydrating goodness into the form of a body oil.
Made with squalene — an olive-derived oil that mimics your natural skin sebum — and grapeseed oil, the Creme de Corps Nourishing Dry Body Oil is surprisingly lightweight. It also has hints of vanilla and almond, which gives it a warm, nutty aroma.
Sticking to my usual post-shower regimen, I spritzed on the body oil just moments after bathing. It emitted from the bottle in a fine mist that spanned wide enough to cover my body without having to go overboard. And unlike other spray-on oils I’ve used, this one didn’t send me slipping and sliding all over my bathroom floor.
Here are three reasons why the Creme de Corps Nourishing Dry Body Oil is now a mainstay in my skin-care routine:
- It adheres to skin right away and cuts down on the time I’d need to wait before getting dressed.
- Once I am fully clothed, there aren’t any annoying grease stains from the body oil.
- Most importantly, my entire body is moisturized with just a few sprays, and it stays that way for the entire day. And that’s the ultimate goal.
Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Nourishing Dry Body Oil ($34) is available on counter at Kiehl’s stores and online at kiehls.com.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Lupita Nyong’o’s hairstylist is selling an $18 bottle of water for your hair — and it’s not a gimmick
- I wore the new Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara while getting ‘hot and heavy’
- 5 leather fragrances that smell like fall