SINGAPORE, Nov. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) and the Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH) will come together for the first time as SFF x SWITCH. Running from 11 to 15 November, this event will gather the global innovation and business community in Singapore. There will be over 400 speakers, more than 900 exhibitors, 41 international pavilions, and about 60,000 participants from 130 countries.
2. Sustainability and Climate Change is the overarching theme of the combined conference this year, given the growing calls for the technology and financial sectors to be enablers and change agents for sustainability. This theme is reflected in the content of the conference, the design of the event space at the Singapore Expo and through the provision of food from sustainable sources. Please refer to Annex A for more details.
3. The inaugural SFF x SWITCH will feature innovative technologies across five key sectors - FinTech, Urban Solutions and Sustainability, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, and Services and Digital Services - to catalyse cross-industry exchange and learning in technology adoption, application of R&D, and commercialisation of new solutions.
4. The event will kick off with the three-day SFF x SWITCH Conference (11-13 November) at the Singapore Expo. The Conference comprises nine stages, where prominent speakers will discuss topics on Sustainability, Finance and Tech; Future of Finance; Investment and Global Markets Opportunities; Exponential Technologies; Global Access to Innovation; Future Directions with Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Healthcare Innovation; Powering Cities of the Future; and Sustaining the Future of Humanity.
5. Among the speakers at the Conference are Her Majesty Queen Maxima of the Netherlands; Mr Heng Swee Keat, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Singapore; Mr Ong Ye Kung, Minister for Education, Singapore, and Board Member, MAS; Agustin Carstens, General Manager of the Bank for International Settlements; Pavan Sukhdev, President, World Wildlife Fund International; Kees Immink, President, Turing Machines Inc; Pat Bajari, Vice President for Core AI, Chief Economist, Amazon; and Sergey Ryazanskiy, Pilot-Astronaut and Hero of the Russian Federation.
 As at 10 November 2019
a. Debuting this year is the Sustainability, Finance and Tech Summit (11-13 November), featuring over 50 speakers who will take the stage to discuss how they are paving the way for a more sustainable future in the world of finance and beyond.
b. The annual Global Investor Summit (11 November) will bring together 17 venture capital, corporate venture capital and family office investors from San Francisco to Tokyo, to share their strategies for unlocking growth, impacting inclusion, and delivering long-term value creation in the FinTech and Deep Tech ecosystems.
c. Leading the Deep Tech conference, the Global Access to Innovation track (11 November) will feature perspectives from a myriad of movers and shakers in Asia's innovation ecosystem. From founders of tech unicorns to senior leaders from both the private and public sectors, conference participants can look forward to finding out more about the opportunities in market access, innovation and investment, in Asia and beyond.
d. A new summit created this year to spotlight key issues faced by small and medium enterprises (SMEs) is SME Digitalisation and Platforms - Business sans Borders (BSB) (13 November). The sessions in this track will cover pertinent issues such as 'SME Financing Reimagined', the 'Impact of Trade Wars on SMEs and Platforms' as well as the 'Roadmap for BSB Beyond 2020'. The discussions will take place at a new Coral Triangle stage, which is designed for more intimate and interactive conversations.
6. Alongside the Conference is the combined SFF x SWITCH Exhibition curated by SingEx, which showcases innovative solutions in FinTech and Deep Tech from around the world. The 41 international pavilions will display solutions from their respective countries or regions. Visitors can also interact with 20 international financial regulators at the Regulators Zone to learn more about business opportunities and regulations in those countries.
7. The Innovation SG booth, featuring an interactive TechXperience Zone, will present technology, innovation and enterprise initiatives led by local and international players. From deal-making sessions and workshops, to industry launches and networking events, the showcase presents Singapore's role as a vibrant Global-Asia node of innovation.
8. Three exciting Competitions for the global innovation community will reach its conclusion at SFF x SWITCH:
a. The Global FinTech Hackcelerator Demo Day, taking place on 11 November, will present 20 market-ready FinTech solutions intended to solve real-life industry problems in financial inclusion, insurtech, RegTech and SupTech, and a general category. Winners will be revealed later on the same day.
b. Winners of the FinTech Awards will be announced on 11 November, recognising innovative FinTech solutions that have been implemented by FinTech companies, financial institutions and technology companies. Attendees can also catch the finalists presenting their 5-minute company pitches on 12 November at the Open Stages.
c. SLINGSHOT 2019 (11 - 13 November), Startup SG's marquee startup pitching competition that highlights the best global startups, has a focus on increasing deal-making this year. Semi-finals will take place over the first two days where the SLINGSHOT Top Global 100 Startups across six key tracks will pitch their solutions to over 200 judges comprising industry veterans, corporates, tech giants and investors. More than S$2 million worth of prizes will be awarded. The top 12 startups will vie to be the Grand Winner at the Grand Finals happening on 13 November.
 International Pavilions representing Armenia, Bahrain, Canada, Catalonia, Central and Eastern Europe, Chongqing, Commonwealth, Denmark, Dubai, Germany, Holland, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Latin America, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Nigeria, New Zealand, Nordics, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suzhou, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States of America.
 The Regulators Zone will include Abu Dhabi Global Market, Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam, National Bank of Cambodia, Danish Financial Supervisory Authority, Dubai Financial Services Authority, Autorite de controle prudential et de resolution, Autorite des marches financiers, Bundesbank, Astana International Financial Centre, Central Bank of Kenya, Korea Financial Services Commission, Bank of Lithuania, Securities Commission Malaysia, Central Bank of Nigeria, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Polish Financial Supervision Authority, Monetary Authority of Singapore, Bank of Thailand and UK Financial Conduct Authority.
9. Investors and companies can look forward to the following Deal-Making Opportunities at SFF x SWITCH:
a. Daily Mixers (11 and 12 November), taking place at the Innovation SG booth, will host some of the best-in-class global companies and investors and feature intimate Q&A sessions with top investors.
a. TechInnovation (11 - 13 November), the premier technology-industry matching event, will showcase over 150 enabling technologies available for technology commercialisation or licensing. A special UK-Singapore innovation seminar and a thematic track on design-led innovation will also debut at TechInnovation this year.
10. The Innovation Lab Crawl (14-15 November) will feature research facilities and in-house laboratories from 53 partners in the areas of FinTech, Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, Urban Solutions and Sustainability, Health and Biomedical Sciences and Services and Digital Economy. Interested parties can sign up at http://fintechfestival.sg/innovation-lab-crawl to see where new product and solutions are tested, learn about how these labs leverage the latest technologies and network with start-ups and key innovation executives.
11. Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, said, "Each year, in running the Singapore FinTech Festival, we strive towards achieving our vision of making it a global platform for knowledge sharing. This year, our partnership with SWITCH has given us that opportunity to draw a larger technology-focused audience beyond the financial services sector. It has helped propel SFF x SWITCH into a platform for the world to share thought leadership, make meaningful connections and to build better ideas that will benefit our community."
12. Mr Edwin Chow, Assistant Chief Executive Officer (Innovation & Enterprise), Enterprise Singapore, said, "With SFF x SWITCH as one event, we will bring together international tech communities, startups, investors, corporates and other enablers to network, share ideas and discuss collaborations. More than 40 international pavilions will present the latest innovative solutions and technology spanning across diverse sectors and disciplines. SFF x SWITCH presents opportunities for participants to start solving economic and industry challenges through innovation and entrepreneurship."
 These stages are located at the Exhibition and open to trade visitors.
 The six tracks are i) Consumer Products & Services, Media & Advertising, Retail & Food Services, ii) FinTech and InsurTech, iii) FoodTech and AgriTech, iv) HealthTech, BioTech and MedTech, v) Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation and vi) Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy.
13. Dr Cheong Wei Yang, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, NRF, said, "SFF x SWITCH brings out the best of both the Singapore FinTech Festival and the Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology. It is symbolic of Singapore's national effort to integrate research, innovation and enterprise as an iterative, interactive ecosystem - so that each one will spur the others to greater heights, with the aim of improving lives in Singapore and globally. It will ensure that deep technologies born out of basic science research in Singapore will see impact via the right economic structures and business models, enabled by innovative financing modalities and payment systems. I look forward to seeing many more products and services being launched into the region and the world, from Singapore."
14. SFF is organised by MAS, in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore, and in collaboration with SingEx Holdings. SWITCH is organised by Enterprise Singapore, NRF and Intellectual Property Intermediary (IPI) in partnership with SingEx.
About the Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is Singapore's central bank and integrated financial regulator. As central bank, MAS promotes sustained, non-inflationary economic growth through the conduct of monetary policy and close macroeconomic surveillance and analysis. It manages Singapore's exchange rate, official foreign reserves, and liquidity in the banking sector. As an integrated financial supervisor, MAS fosters a sound financial services sector through its prudential oversight of all financial institutions in Singapore - banks, insurers, capital market intermediaries, financial advisors, and stock exchanges. It is also responsible for well-functioning financial markets, sound conduct, and investor education. MAS also works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
About Enterprise Singapore
Enterprise Singapore is the government agency championing enterprise development. We work with committed companies to build capabilities, innovate and internationalise.
We also support the growth of Singapore as a hub for global trading and startups, and build trust in Singapore's products and services through quality and standards.
Visit www.enterprisesg.gov.sg for more information.
About the National Research Foundation, Prime Minister's Office, Singapore
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is a department within the Prime Minister's Office. The NRF sets the national direction for research, innovation and enterprise (RIE) in Singapore. It seeks to invest in science, technology and engineering, build up the technological capacity of our companies, encourage innovation by industry to exploit new growth areas, and facilitate public-private partnerships to address national challenges. Under RIE2020, NRF is committed to create greater value in Singapore from our investment in research, innovation and enterprise through 1) closer integration of research thrusts, 2) stronger dynamic towards the best teams and ideas, 3) sharper focus on value creation, and 4) better optimised RIE manpower. Visit www.nrf.gov.sg/RIE2020 for more details.
About Intellectual Property Intermediary (IPI)
IPI catalyses and enables enterprises to grow their businesses through technology and innovation. An affiliate of Enterprise Singapore, IPI promotes open innovation, and works with enterprises to source for technologies locally and abroad. In addition, it facilitates technology partnerships to bring new and innovative products and services to the market. Connected to a global network of technology partners, including the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), IPI is well-positioned to facilitate connections between technology seekers and providers, driving growth and innovation opportunities for Singapore enterprises. For more information, visit www.ipi-singapore.org.
About SingEx Group
The SingEx Group comprises four closely linked companies that collectively provide a comprehensive range of integrated solutions for venue management and consultancy, exhibition and conference concept development and organising services; and international trade event related ventures. The companies under the group are subsidiaries of SingEx Holdings which is wholly owned by Temasek Holdings, one of Singapore's largest investment holding companies.
Its events arm, SingEx Exhibitions, owns, develops and manages a series of new-to-market trade exhibitions and conferences in Singapore and key emerging markets. The events span across various industries including urban solutions, logistics, information technology, healthcare and commodities.
Among the more than 20 new-to-market events produced are the Singapore FinTech Festival, the world's largest of its kind; and CaREhab, a unique medical event that goes beyond the boundaries of just a medical consumables and equipment show to unite professionals in multidisciplinary fields.
SingEx Venues specialises in the management of Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) facilities and has been managing the Singapore EXPO Convention and Exhibition Centre since 1999, and its convention wing, MAX Atria, since 2012. The venues host more than 600 events and attract over six million visitors annually. For more information, log on to www.singex.com.
About Singapore FinTech Festival
Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) is the world's largest FinTech festival and global platform for the FinTech community, drawing close to 45,000 participants comprising FinTech players, technopreneurs, policy makers, financial industry leaders, investors including private equity players and venture capitalists, and academics. The 2018 Festival saw participants from over 127 countries, hosted more than 250 global luminaries and 480 exhibitors, and featured highlights such as the FinTech Conference with a new AI in Finance Summit and Global Investors' Summit, the FinTech Awards, Global FinTech Hackcelerator, Innovation Lab Crawl and Industry Networking and Workshops. The Festival is organised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore and in collaboration with SingEx Holdings. Find out more at http://fintechfestival.sg.
The Singapore Week of Innovation & TeCHnology (SWITCH) is a global platform where deep tech ecosystems connect, focusing on these key industries - Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering, Health & Biomedical Sciences, Urban Solutions & Sustainability, and Services & Digital Economy.
SWITCH is a week-long event featuring Exhibitions, Conferences, Workshops, Lab Crawls, and partner activities such as startups pitching competition, SLINGSHOT 2019, powered by Startup SG, and open innovation platform, TechInnovation. It convened over 12,000 international entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, accelerators, and industry professionals, hosted over 200 speakers and 300 exhibitors from more than 70 countries in 2018.
SWITCH is organised by Enterprise Singapore, National Research Foundation Singapore (NRF), and Intellectual Property Intermediary (IPI).
Find out more at http://www.switchsg.org/